Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Mustang 47lb injector help

Potential Tuner

2012 Mustang 47lb injector help

I installed a set of 47lb injectors that are supposed to use the exact same data as the LU47. The trims seem further off than I was expecting. Can someone please confirm I have the injector data correct. Other than the injectors the car only has a cat delete.

2020-09-27 (3).png

In this log you can see it goes from adding quite a bit at idle to pulling through the mid rpm/throttle and then being pretty close at WOT.

20-09-27 14-38-35.hpl

I don't have any real experience with this, but from what I've gathered on here, is that the trims should be closer than this if they were exactly the same the LU47. If my data is correct the LU47s would have been closer.

Potential Tuner
    From what I've read on here, you can't use that data because of the fuel pressure on these cars. You have to use good known data. I think what I posted above is the roush injector data from the repository. I did try the Ford data just to see what it would do and it wouldn't even start.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    guys all ford Data almost are for 39 fuel rail

coyote runs 55 psi
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Potential Tuner
    Thank you. So is the data I have correct and if it is should be having to adjust for this or should they have been correct to begin with? These are not Ford injectors. They are a different brand that hasn't been out that long.
    Last edited by LaserRed94; 09-28-2020 at 07:27 AM.

you will be chasing your tail on poor branded injectors

if you purchase injectors without any good known data you will never be happy

especially on Fords its very picky

Potential Tuner
    They said they use the exact same data as LU47. I screen shot them the data I used like in the screen shot above and a copy of my log. They told me I need to make adjustments through maf period table. I could be wrong but that sounds like could cause more problems elsewhere and down the road. Also band 1 and 2 are 6% apart most of the time. my stock injectors did not do this. I'm just trying to figure out if it's something with my data or the injectors. They are RPM 47s.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserRed94 View Post
    They said they use the exact same data as LU47. I screen shot them the data I used like in the screen shot above and a copy of my log. They told me I need to make adjustments through maf period table. I could be wrong but that sounds like could cause more problems elsewhere and down the road. Also band 1 and 2 are 6% apart most of the time. my stock injectors did not do this. I'm just trying to figure out if it's something with my data or the injectors. They are RPM 47s.
    This is what is known as "hacking the maf". This is the WRONG way to go about tuning these cars. This can cause problems like incorrect inferred ethanol percent but more importantly inaccurate load which can cause all kinds of issues.

If they do not provide accurate data, its best to cut your losses and get injectors that come with proven data.

A quick google search led me to here : https://rpmspeedpart.com/shop/ols/pr...-20-mustang-gt

Taking one look at these, all I can say is you may have been sold Chinese junk...

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for the reply. I'm still running the stock air box. I kept thinking my transmission is probably going to hate me if I do that.

Your Google search led you to the right spot Sounds like I'm gonna have to do as you say. Cut my losses. Lesson learned.

Could incorrect inferred ethanol percent cause a huge swing from rich to lean?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    guys all ford Data almost are for 39 fuel rail

coyote runs 55 psi
    I've always used the ford performance data and i've never had a running issue at all. Thats interesting actually. I feel like thats the point of having the multipliers in the data in the case your running higher than the flow rate pressure.
    ?Our greatest success comes from failure? -Confucius

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMuscleStang2019 View Post
    Could incorrect inferred ethanol percent cause a huge swing from rich to lean?
    An incorrect maf calibration could cause a large swing from rich to lean, as i learned from mufie, these cars use the long terms to adjust the fueling based on ethanol percentage. Its imperative that the maf calibration is correct.
    ?Our greatest success comes from failure? -Confucius

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronson View Post
    I've always used the ford performance data and i've never had a running issue at all. Thats interesting actually. I feel like thats the point of having the multipliers in the data in the case your running higher than the flow rate pressure.
    Exactly... That data clearly isn't intended for only one set fuel pressure or we wouldn't have the pressure multipliers.

Senior Tuner
    Notice the PSId, the 'd' means differential. The data isn't intended for one pressure differential, hence the multiplier.
    Think about how they get this data. They test a varying rail pressure on the inlet of the injector against barometric pressure on the outlet of the injector. In the car it is the opposite. Rail pressure is mostly constant on the inlet of the injector and manifold pressure is varying on the outlet.

Consider the flow rates you are entering and where the multiplier equals 1. This has to match your fuel rail pressure or be adjusted to match it.

The higher the fuel rail pressure the higher the pressure differential you will need to cover. Add ~15psi to the highest rail pressure you will see to compensate for the manifold vacuum. For ~58psi rail pressure thats 73 PSId multiplier.
    The Ford performance data does not give you the ability to do either of these things.

Use the data from a OEM calibration that uses the same size injector you are using.

model to stock injectors.PNG

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    Notice the PSId, the 'd' means differential. The data isn't intended for one pressure differential, hence the multiplier.
    Think about how they get this data. They test a varying rail pressure on the inlet of the injector against barometric pressure on the outlet of the injector. In the car it is the opposite. Rail pressure is mostly constant on the inlet of the injector and manifold pressure is varying on the outlet.

Consider the flow rates you are entering and where the multiplier equals 1. This has to match your fuel rail pressure or be adjusted to match it.

The higher the fuel rail pressure the higher the pressure differential you will need to cover. Add ~15psi to the highest rail pressure you will see to compensate for the manifold vacuum. For ~58psi rail pressure thats 73 PSId multiplier.
    The Ford performance data does not give you the ability to do either of these things.

Use the data from a OEM calibration that uses the same size injector you are using.

model to stock injectors.PNG
    Do you happen to have a stock 2012 gt500 file?

^ i believe its not the same injector

Tuner in Training
    07-12 GT500 used 47lb injectors (should be LU47). 13-14 used the LU52. There?s stock GT500 files in repository. I?d post one, but I?m on my phone.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Vette vs Stang View Post
    07-12 GT500 used 47lb injectors (should be LU47). 13-14 used the LU52. There?s stock GT500 files in repository. I?d post one, but I?m on my phone.
    So I was giving it some thought wouldn?t the values in a 2012 gt500 still be incorrect since the delta pressure has to compensate for boost pushing on the injector. So it would be incorrect on a NA vehicle like the coyote?

Tuner in Training
    But the GT500 is not always in boost. I think the way they compensate for boost is increasing fuel rail pressure. So the fuel pressure settings may be the difference, but injector info should be the same.

Tuner in Training
    I just looked at the values. The GT500 data has the 1.0 multiplier values set at 39.15psi, which is its idle pressure, unlike your values that have it around 55psi; the 5.0 idle pressure. I guess we?d have to do the math and see if the flow values multiplied by different pressure multipliers give the same value.