Thread: 2012 Mustang 47lb injector help

Potential Tuner

2012 Mustang 47lb injector help

I installed a set of 47lb injectors that are supposed to use the exact same data as the LU47. The trims seem further off than I was expecting. Can someone please confirm I have the injector data correct. Other than the injectors the car only has a cat delete.

2020-09-27 (3).png

In this log you can see it goes from adding quite a bit at idle to pulling through the mid rpm/throttle and then being pretty close at WOT.

20-09-27 14-38-35.hpl

I don't have any real experience with this, but from what I've gathered on here, is that the trims should be closer than this if they were exactly the same the LU47. If my data is correct the LU47s would have been closer.

Potential Tuner
    From what I've read on here, you can't use that data because of the fuel pressure on these cars. You have to use good known data. I think what I posted above is the roush injector data from the repository. I did try the Ford data just to see what it would do and it wouldn't even start.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    guys all ford Data almost are for 39 fuel rail

coyote runs 55 psi
    E-tuning/remote Tuning Sultan@mastuning.net Follow @MASTUNING Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Potential Tuner
    Thank you. So is the data I have correct and if it is should be having to adjust for this or should they have been correct to begin with? These are not Ford injectors. They are a different brand that hasn't been out that long.
    Last edited by LaserRed94; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:27 AM.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    you will be chasing your tail on poor branded injectors

if you purchase injectors without any good known data you will never be happy

especially on Fords its very picky
    E-tuning/remote Tuning Sultan@mastuning.net Follow @MASTUNING Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Potential Tuner
    They said they use the exact same data as LU47. I screen shot them the data I used like in the screen shot above and a copy of my log. They told me I need to make adjustments through maf period table. I could be wrong but that sounds like could cause more problems elsewhere and down the road. Also band 1 and 2 are 6% apart most of the time. my stock injectors did not do this. I'm just trying to figure out if it's something with my data or the injectors. They are RPM 47s.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserRed94 View Post
    They said they use the exact same data as LU47. I screen shot them the data I used like in the screen shot above and a copy of my log. They told me I need to make adjustments through maf period table. I could be wrong but that sounds like could cause more problems elsewhere and down the road. Also band 1 and 2 are 6% apart most of the time. my stock injectors did not do this. I'm just trying to figure out if it's something with my data or the injectors. They are RPM 47s.
    This is what is known as "hacking the maf". This is the WRONG way to go about tuning these cars. This can cause problems like incorrect inferred ethanol percent but more importantly inaccurate load which can cause all kinds of issues.

If they do not provide accurate data, its best to cut your losses and get injectors that come with proven data.

A quick google search led me to here : https://rpmspeedpart.com/shop/ols/pr...-20-mustang-gt

Taking one look at these, all I can say is you may have been sold Chinese junk...

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for the reply. I'm still running the stock air box. I kept thinking my transmission is probably going to hate me if I do that.

Your Google search led you to the right spot Sounds like I'm gonna have to do as you say. Cut my losses. Lesson learned.