Thread: 2015 F150 5.0 MPVI will not connect

Potential Tuner

2015 F150 5.0 MPVI will not connect

I have a customer's 2015 F150 5.0 in for some work. Attempting to connect my MVPI Pro (old style, cabled) and "Gather Info." I am met with a message stating "interface not found or not responding." This comes up immediately and none of the lights on the MPVI illuminate which would seemingly signify data transfer. If the MPVI is unplugged from the DLC and another attempt is made (unplugged from car end), the "vehicle power not detected" message illuminates. I moved my machine over to a 2015 Silverado and it connected immediately. The F150 has no adapters on the DLC, nor any aftermarket equipment that I can see. Editor is current as of this morning at 4.8.7. When connecting the MPVI, the instrument cluster flashes several error messages, so clearly the MPVI is on the data line. I checked the supported vehicles list-- The 2015 F150 does not have the MPVI2-only designation on it. I have searched the forums but I can't seem to find any relevant threads. I'm sure this is a user error, but I'm not sure of what to do to fix myself.

Tuner in Training
    Did you ever get an answer to this @HCCPerformance ? I have an original MVPI Pro and would like to update my 2015 F150 for the bigger tires.