Thread: 2010 Challenger NN won't disable

Tuner in Training

2010 Challenger NN won't disable

Tuning a 2010 Challenger with an Comp HRT stage 2 cam, Comp springs, Manley pushrods, VVT lockout, MDS delete, and headers. I disabled the NN switch, disabled all the VVT switches, disabled MDS and turned off their respective codes. I also disabled the rear o2's. The car will not respond to VE changes so I believe it's still in NN. Anything else I missed trying to disable the NN?

Quote Originally Posted by Pro60modman View Post
    Tuning a 2010 Challenger with an Comp HRT stage 2 cam, Comp springs, Manley pushrods, VVT lockout, MDS delete, and headers. I disabled the NN switch, disabled all the VVT switches, disabled MDS and turned off their respective codes. I also disabled the rear o2's. The car will not respond to VE changes so I believe it's still in NN. Anything else I missed trying to disable the NN?
    post your tune so those in the know can have a look

Tuner in Training
    You're probably experiencing the issue where some 2009-2010 PCMs don't respond to disabling the Neural Network, in which case, VE changes have no effect. For these PCMs, you'll have to disable the VVT system.

Here's a post from Mark at HPTuners for reference:
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post427663

Tuner in Training
    As stated I have all the VVT switches off.

Currently looking for an answer to this too on a 2009 rt, one thing I've found is by enabling the exhaust cam phaser it actually disables it since it was labeled disabled in the factory tune though obviously working ..
    Seems like the switch is mislabeled by hp, however that didn't get me there though ,Im still not NN disabled with the rest of the same as you have disabled..

I assume there's probably one more switch either undefined or has its meaning flipped but I haven't figured it out yet..NN is also set to disabled in Hp stock, haven't tried it but I wonder if its also flipped
    Last edited by fastlsxs10; 10-17-2020 at 11:33 AM.

I have a 2009 and exhaust cam 1 enabled allows the vvt to work. The mislabeled switch is the "equipped". It is set do disabled.