Thread: 2018 L83 swap Timing issues

Tuner in Training

2018 L83 swap Timing issues

Hi just did a 2018 L83 swap in my defender. Starts well, however the drive is slightly rough including gear shifting is a bit off. My main concern is the timing. It seems to be all over the place.
    i have uploaded the files. Wondering if someone is able to take a look and help.
    Thanks
    Bal
    Attached Files Attached Files

The log says you have o2 sensor problems and lean problems. There is a heater circuit code and both banks are running lean per the codes being thrown.

You should look into those issues first.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    The log says you have o2 sensor problems and lean problems. There is a heater circuit code and both banks are running lean per the codes being thrown.

You should look into those issues first.
    thank you for the response. i did check the codes and relized i had o2 sensor 2 deleted but didnt remove them from the codes.

here is the new log. and i still feel there maybe some issues.

The data should have your o2 sensors and fuel trims to see what that is doing.

And post your tune file so we can see what you have done to the tune.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training

i have my AEM 30-0334 arriving tomorrow - will add that the record the fuel trims and o2 sensors along with the wideband.

Tuner in Training

Hi i was hoping you could shed some light on my issue. It seems the timing is all over the places. I looked at my AFR which seems to be pretty dialed in.
    Thanks