Thread: Details for Fan graphs boxes on genv

Tuner

Details for Fan graphs boxes on genv

Hi,

The hptuner info page on fans doesn?t really explain, or doesn?t even list, a lot of the boxes and graphs in the fan part of the genv gm tune... (v8 and v6 are the same I believe.

I?m trying to figure out the following:

1) Fan output 1 vs current state
    2) fan output 2...
    3) Fan output 3...
    4) Desired ECt torque Zones
    5) Fan state transition % vs Current state

Like what are the torque zones.. what references back to what etc.

I?ve had to replace the oem fan with a spal brushless and so far reversing the desired % and desired % vs ac has gotten the fan to run in accordance with the ect temp...

But not in relation to the ac kpa... and I don?t know if the other boxes/graphs are letting the fan worked as needed because I have not changed any other numbers in the tune.

If stock was 15=15% fan speed and 92=92% fan speed (max speed recommended) and to get the spal fan the tune required 85= 15% fan speed and 18 = 82-85% fan speed (max speed recommended by spal was 92% but I don?t know how to figure that out.

Then I?m assuming I need to change some other boxes with the reversed numbers but I can?t figure out what. And I can?t understand why the ac won?t make the fan work...

Tuner in Training
    I was just trying to google the same thing. Specifically, what is ECM 18160 - Desired ECT Torque Zones? Also, Is there a way to change the min temp warm up?

I'm retrying a 71C TStat in my 2015 vette. I had trouble with it last winter because the ECT never got above 176F when it was below 50F outside. Now that it's hot enough outside, I put it back in because the mishmoto 82C TStat started to fail shut. The ECT never got above 223F.

I dont want to need to start pulling the battery cable this winter to get the fan and temp gauge to behave.