Thread: AFR Issues: Rise and then drop after drive time

Potential Tuner

AFR Issues: Rise and then drop after drive time

hello,

first post here but I am experiencing the following issue. new to tuning as well. truck also came with this tune and mods before I purchased.

when driving my truck around I have a AFR reading right around stoch or 1.0 lambda. however, after about 5 mins of driving, from a cold start or warmed up, my AFR goes lean by 10% for a little bit and then rich by nearly 10% and then seems to equalize out after a little further. on the log file this occurs at approx 3 min. any suggestions? truck info below as well as files..

2006 GMC Sierra
    4.8L v8
    BTR Cam/spring kit
    Full Exhaust system
    Innovate Wideband

please let me know if im missing information.

Thank you - Tyler
    Attached Files Attached Files

At Time frame 02:53:07.024 Your AFR commanded goes to 16.00 Thats is where your issues lie i believe. There is also a to be gained in the File itself. Your power enrichment tables need some massaging....as well as your VE table. The VE table has way to many jagged spikes and needs to be smoothed out. If you need more help, contact me and I can make something happen.
    Calibrator By Day, Student of the Game at Night.
    www.LSXedit.com

Want to Learn Hands On? I Offer Remote Tuning Email Me at [email protected]

TEO TUNED
    You Can View Most of my Library on Instagram
    Website Coming Soon...

INSTAGRAM: @TEOTUNED

Advanced Tuner
    Is cat over temp disbale?
    1997 30th SS. Torqhead 24x, TFS heads, 223/235 cam, 4l80e, S60 D1SC 14psi

It is disabled in his tune.
    www.LSXedit.com

TEO TUNED
    Website Coming Soon...

Quote Originally Posted by anniversaryss View Post
    Is cat over temp disbale?
    It is disabled in his tune file.
    www.LSXedit.com

TEO TUNED
    Website Coming Soon...

Advanced Tuner
    Im sorry im not by my other laptop but this is a P59? If so im going to take a wild guess, do you have rear oxygen sensors hooked up? If you dont have them hooked up even with COT disabled it will still run the Cat test. This will cause wild swings in command AFR etc......

Potential Tuner
    yes the CAT stuff has been disabled because they are not currently installed from the previous owner. it is a p59 though. starting to wish i started with a stock truck but i am slowly learning. i will have to dive in more and see why its been commanded, but i would agree the tune needs work. its still a work in progress type thing. still learning to tune so thanks for the offer to help.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by t.viggiano View Post
    yes the CAT stuff has been disabled because they are not currently installed from the previous owner. it is a p59 though. starting to wish i started with a stock truck but i am slowly learning. i will have to dive in more and see why its been commanded, but i would agree the tune needs work. its still a work in progress type thing. still learning to tune so thanks for the offer to help.
    Install rear oxygen sensors. You dont even have to plug them into the exhaust, just need to be plugged into the harness. Try again.

Potential Tuner
    ok i think i found my answer much like anniversaryss suggested it appears to be a CAT because it matches this exact scenario mentioned by 5FDP in another thread found below..

"It's not a glitch, it's a cat test.

You will also notice that the commanded AFR goes to that 16.00, then drops to 13.XX right after and back to stoich.

This happens when you remove the rear o2 sensors from the vehicle. HP Tuner itself can not disable this test. Everytime I have run into this issue you have to plug the rear o2 sensors back into the harness so the circuits are not left open and just disable all the codes."

does not appear to have a software work around due to the P59 itself possibly.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...-for-no-reason

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by t.viggiano View Post
    ok i think i found my answer much like anniversaryss suggested it appears to be a CAT because it matches this exact scenario mentioned by 5FDP in another thread found below..

"It's not a glitch, it's a cat test.

You will also notice that the commanded AFR goes to that 16.00, then drops to 13.XX right after and back to stoich.

This happens when you remove the rear o2 sensors from the vehicle. HP Tuner itself can not disable this test. Everytime I have run into this issue you have to plug the rear o2 sensors back into the harness so the circuits are not left open and just disable all the codes."

does not appear to have a software work around due to the P59 itself possibly.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...-for-no-reason
    Pretty sure this is where i found the answer many moons ago ��