Thread: Flex tune. Can someone look and see if I missed anything?

Advanced Tuner

Flex tune. Can someone look and see if I missed anything?

Thanks

Car is my 2017 GT
    Attached Files Attached Files

Looks like you didn't populate one of the most important tables, ECM 21320 - Flex Fuel Ethanol % vs. AFR.

I'm trying to understand this e85 stuff also. I looked at several of the F150 tunes on the repository and it looks like all of them have 9.0 AFR at 100% (Multiple rows say the exact same thing) and then a single last row of 14.6 AFR at 0%. I see stuff like that on other tables where it seems like the row/column headings are exactly the same and the values are exactly the same as well. I increased the decimal points as well, but they look to be exactly the same. Is there a reason why some are like that?
    Sorry for asking a lot of probably stupid questions, I'm trying to learn. Thank you in advance for any information you have provided me

Quote Originally Posted by K44 View Post
    Thanks

Car is my 2017 GT
    Try this

E85 FLEX FUEL - try this.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Thank you.

Before I load this, do you see anything else I may have missed or need to modify?
    Attached Files Attached Files

As far as flex fuel goes I think I got you squared away

Advanced Tuner
    lastplace,

Thank you.

I see you modified my tune.

Thanks again
    Last edited by K44; 09-30-2020 at 09:31 AM.

I surely did, Now you just need to get your spark tables dialed in

Advanced Tuner
    I studied your changes and I think I figured out why you did what you did, except for the fueling changes to non FFV tables. IE cold start and I think a few others.

Can I ask why?

On the bright side I was chasing a slight stumble at slow speeds when on and off the throttle, that is gone. Thank you very much!!.

What parameters should I log when switching to E85? I am thinking about slowly working my way to a full tank. I would start with 5 gallons to a full tank and add a few gallons as the tank empties.

I assume I should watch commanded lambda vs measured. Anything else I should watch?

Compare it to an F150 and you’ll have your answer

Don’t get caught up on the inferred alcohol content is not that accurate just remember you can run the same spark at E60 as you can at e85

I’m going to guess that you don’t need to go over 31 degrees of timing
    Last edited by LastPlace; 10-02-2020 at 07:43 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    I looked at several of the F150 tunes on the repository and it looks like all of them have 9.0 AFR at 100% (Multiple rows say the exact same thing) and then a single last row of 14.6 AFR at 0%. I see stuff like that on other tables where it seems like the row/column headings are exactly the same and the values are exactly the same as well. I increased the decimal points as well, but they look to be exactly the same. Is there a reason why some are like that?
    In many tables, the PCM does linear interpolation to calculate the correct values in between defined points. In this case 9.0=100% and 14.6=0%, so as long as the minimum and maximum values are present, it doesn't matter if the table is fully populated or not, the PCM will have the data it needs.

Personally, I like to fill tables out to have more visibility but again to the PCM, it's the same thing.

EthanolStoich.PNG
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results