Thread: Running out of fuel twin turbo s550

Potential Tuner

Running out of fuel twin turbo s550

My car is running out of fuel when I increase boost or run e85. it always shows up on maf curve that its lean, but why? shouldn't the tune comp for these changes. its a referenced return system running at 50psi.fuel loss.hplon3 twin TEST.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Have you tried to turn off the flex fuel and try to do a 93 tune only first? Has this tune worked in the past and just started to have problems? thanks

What fuel system are you running? How much boost are you trying to achieve? If fuel trims are trying to add fuel but its still leaning out, that suggests fuel pressure loss which means you're fuel system is inadequate or perhaps there is a bad pump.

Advanced Tuner
    fix maf curve looks off

Quote Originally Posted by paulsmithsr View Post
    fix maf curve looks off
    Even if the MAF was way off, the log shows the car trying to add more fuel but continuing to lean out.

Senior Tuner
    Out of fuel at 3K with a turbo? Seems like a fuel feed line leak or major pump issue. Venturi port tube coming off is common to cause a similar issue. Hard plastic PTFE line and oetiker clamps, don't use rubber hose in the pump assembly.

Potential Tuner
    It was getting plenty of fuel on e90 before issue started, which tells me it is not the tune. No fuel lines are leaking. Regulator, fuel rails, and check valve are good. I pulled pump assembly and everything looks okay. Pump voltage is adequate. How would I check pumps?

Tuner
    Do you have a inline Filter? what about a electronic FP sensor? Im going to think Fuel flow from clogged filter. Seen this a few times on the Dyno on High Power Mitsu's