Thread: Stalling Issue, 6.4, Texas Speed Stage 3 Cam

Potential Tuner

Unhappy Stalling Issue, 6.4, Texas Speed Stage 3 Cam

Hey guys, thanks for taking a look at my post.

I'm hoping that someone might be able to point me in the right direction. My tuning knowledge is about 2 miles wide and about as half deep... So please bear with me. As the title says I'm working on a 6.4 with a Texas Speed Stage 3 package and a comp phaser lock. Mechanically the vehicle checks out #minus the small leak on the back passenger valve cover#. I've been working on the tune for roughly 6 hours and have made progress but not enough; hence my post. The car requires very slight throttle input during the crank but starts fine... She'll hold idle fine for about a half min then stalls out. The only way the car will stay on is if I keep giving it throttle. I've attached the file for review.

I've done some searching on the forums as well as watched the few youtube videos there are but no bueno. 06300CSRT8 had some really helpful info in this post; but his recommendation didn't resolve my problem:

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...tarters-How-To

I've alos read this post and hemituna's post helped the most:

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...h-Comp-Cam-274

I also took a look at a file that's posted in the reposotary; but it was for a 5.7 with a 6.4 cam in it. Any help that someone could give just so I can get this thing to idle would be greatly appereicated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Maybe try adjusting the torque model loss table so that it looks inverted. It fixed the same problem with my cammed 6.4. Here is an example. It's not finished yet, but it already idles 100% better. I guess the idea is that the PCM thinks there is more friction at and below idle, and it comes down to idle slower to avoid stalling. torquemodelfriction.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzNJreZYLv4
    Here is a video about it.
    Last edited by Iceyrider; 10-02-2020 at 05:06 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Not sure you followed the suggestions in my post

But the main issues are the few idle rpm tables you still have stock down around 658 rpms. Check ALL of them. Your drive idles should all be slightly higher by 50-75 rpms of your park neutral idles.

Fix your min spark table, should have NO negatives, try setting the entire table to +4 to start

Fix your base spark, should be smooth 12-13 degrees the entire columns in the above and below idle rpms.

Start there and see how it does.

Senior Tuner
    Also add 10% to you startup base airflow, Engine->Airflow->General. This will help that startup a bit. If it doesnt cure having to hold the pedal, try 1 or 2 times more adding 10%. If still not firing up, then need to take fuel out of the Engine->Fuel->General->Startup Inj PW table. Focus on the last four columns, take 5% out at a time (its touchy, maybe even try 2.5%).

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    to have your car run properly, you will need to rescale how your fuel injectors work and switch to SD. along with the changes in timing mentioned above my 06300cSRT8
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161