Thread: 2020 F150 shift issue after flash

Tuner in Training

2020 F150 shift issue after flash

I have a friend who brought me his bone stock 2020 F150 5.0L 10 speed for a simple up the speed limiter and turn off auto start/stop. After doing a "write calibration" he noticed that it seems to short shift out of only second gear by 500-700rpm otherwise what was changed worked perfectly. I reset KAM and no difference, then flashed back to stock with no change on the short shifting.
    Is there anything else I can try? I read on the older ones you had to "write entire", could that possibly be the issue?
    If the write entire does not work what should I be logging to see why this is happening?
    09 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by zratedGTP View Post
    I have a friend who brought me his bone stock 2020 F150 5.0L 10 speed for a simple up the speed limiter and turn off auto start/stop. After doing a "write calibration" he noticed that it seems to short shift out of only second gear by 500-700rpm otherwise what was changed worked perfectly. I reset KAM and no difference, then flashed back to stock with no change on the short shifting.
    Is there anything else I can try? I read on the older ones you had to "write entire", could that possibly be the issue?
    If the write entire does not work what should I be logging to see why this is happening?
    First make sure you’re using the latest beta. Second always use write entire.

I’m not exactly sure why flashing calibration only causes strange issues but it does.

Lastly the transmissions have adaptive logic, do some reading on it.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by LastPlace View Post
    First make sure you?re using the latest beta. Second always use write entire.

I?m not exactly sure why flashing calibration only causes strange issues but it does.

Lastly the transmissions have adaptive logic, do some reading on it.
    I installed the latest beta minutes before I did the initial read and subsequent write.
    I will try the write entire tonight and see how that goes.
    I'll do a search on the adaptive logic and check it out.

Thank you.
    09 CTS-V