Thread: t87a read + write

Potential Tuner

Question t87a read + write

after having tcm unlocked and loading latest beta version as per instructions. first read connected to internet , downloaded stock trans file from hpt all good. write tcm connect to internet to license and 1st write all good. latter attempt to read tcm fails unless connected to internet which gives stock hpt file not a read from my tcm. i also cannot write tcm unless connecter to internet which instructions with tcm from unlock say is not needed after 1st write. am i missing something or is this all correct ?

please describe details of your vehicle or share " VCMSuiteInfo "

You cannot read a T87A even after it has been unlocked for writing. Every time you read it you are just reading the stock file sent from HPT. That should not really matter as long as you don't lose your adjusted files.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by IARLLC View Post
    You cannot read a T87A even after it has been unlocked for writing. Every time you read it you are just reading the stock file sent from HPT. That should not really matter as long as you don't lose your adjusted files.
    Correct. You cannot read the modified tune you installed from the TCM...even though you flashed it in. Lol

You need to be connected to the internet every time you flash the T87A.