Thread: nissian 350z with a 6.0 2004 p59 controller out of G3500 van

nissian 350z with a 6.0 2004 p59 controller out of G3500 van

the swap is a lq4 2004 6.0 p59 controller that was out of a g3500 van that had a drive by cable ( but also has the drive by wire feature )the van was equipped with a 4l80e trans ,the nissian has a stick and we purchased a wiring specialty's harness and car runs and drives but needs work on idle and lean condition my question is ,will there be any issues in performance by over looking the automatic transmissions current settings ?

any info would be great ,thanks gmonde
    Attached Files Attached Files

Just disable all the transmission related DTC's and disable the abuse mode on the torque mngt. Not much more has to be done if you aren't running the stock 4L80e anymore.

You need to go through the rest of the DTC's and disable anything that isn't being used anymore. Like rear o2 sensors, cat codes, evap codes etc etc. All that should be turned off so you can figure out if you have real problems with stuff that is still on the engine.

Raise the base idle up at least 100-150rpm at operating temp, 500-550 is too low in my opinion when you have this setup.

Disable COT as well.

If the rest of the stuff is stock like the MAF sensor, intake etc etc just make sure you have zero vacuum leaks and that the exhaust is complete past the o2 sensors. Make sure fuel pressure is at 58psi and start tuning it. You can make it feel better with power enrichment changes and timing changes.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

thanks so much ,, the maf is stock but we went to a ls1 intake with the stock throttle body to clear hood clearance ,open air cleaner , it does stall at idle ,so some work needs to be done there

Yeah you will need to go over the MAF and VE completely because the LS1 intake is much smaller volume wise compared to a large truck intake.

Basically all fueling is wrong right now, I wouldn't even attempt to floor it without a wideband.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

thanks for replying , the injector data has to be changed as well ,,wide band is coming ,,,i used the aem w/obd2 compatibility on my g8 and it worked great ,, i will post results gmonde

That specific wideband doesn't work on non can-bus vehicles but you can still get a wideband into the logs other ways. Like a 5v reference circuit or a serial adapter.

i have the base tune working decent at this point ,, my question is what tables affect the crank,start,run ? when it fires, it idles up and hangs high rpm then comes down to the target idle that i set (800 rpm) the drive ability is good with no stalling ,,just want to bring the high rpm down and possible time down ?

drive by cable
    ls1 intake with stock injectors and throttle body ls6 cam,headers ,full exhaust

thanks in advance

base tune is posted in first post

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    That specific wideband doesn't work on non can-bus vehicles but you can still get a wideband into the logs other ways. Like a 5v reference circuit or a serial adapter.
    i do not have the pro interface to do a aux serial port ,, what do you recommend for a afr meter ?

Advanced Tuner
    If you already have the AEM 30-0334, you can send it to me for a serial data stream firmware upgrade. This will let you log serial data at a higher resolution and sample rate. It's probably the best option, if you can not do CAN.

Will this work on my interface ?I do not have the pro version

Advanced Tuner
    I don't think you need PRO to use the serial input. Maybe someone without PRO can verify ?