Thread: Do i need a license if some one else already has a license to my truck?

Potential Tuner

Do i need a license if some one else already has a license to my truck?

So long story short.....bought a truck (2000 Silverado, LQ4 swapped with 4L80E) that had a different company's flashed ECU in it and was locked. I had another ECU from a different truck (2001 Suburban) that didn't run, went to a local well known tuner, paid him for the license and had it tuned by him with his software. I recently (today) got the MVPI2 and wanted to play with the scanner feature to start leaning it. I have not purchased any credits yet to acquire the license for myself as I wasn't sure if I needed to (which i'm sure i do) since its already licensed to a HP device. So i guess my questions are 1) Can I connect to the truck without having the license just to look? 2) Can two people hold a license for the same VIN? Thanks in advanced, and sorry for asking what is probably a dumb question. And I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yes you need to license the vehicle with YOUR MPVI2 using credits in order to flash the vehicle with your MPVI2. Licenses are linked to the MPVI hardware.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Yes you need to license the vehicle with YOUR MPVI2 using credits in order to flash the vehicle with your MPVI2. Licenses are linked to the MPVI hardware.
    That's what I figured. Thanks for you help Bill! I'm sure you'll see many more questions from me so please bare with me.
    2000 Silverado LQ4, 243 heads, .605 lift 228/234 dur 110 lsa cam, LS3 injectors, 4L80E