Thread: Help with 3200 stall in Cammed Jeep SRT8

Help with 3200 stall in Cammed Jeep SRT8

I put a FTI ESRT8 3200 in my 2010 Jeep SRT8 and I need help tuning the convertor. It launches hard but I kinda expected it to launch harder than it does. Could someone take a look at these pictures and tell me if I need to change anything?

Potential Tuner
    Following on this thread. I have a 12 challenger 5.7 with mild bolt ons and a 100 shot of nitrous. I just finished putting in my Fti 3800 hard hit converter in today and after some datalogging ive noticed the converter isnt locking up completely at any time. Its either unlocked or labled "slip" under TCC mode. Ive adjusted several things from what ive read about and researched to do but my shifts seem to be long and drawn out if im hard in the power. Part throttle it seems okay though.

Can someone help me out here? In the apply speed for 1st and 2nd gear, stock is 255rpm. Do I want that to be higher like 1000 or low like 255 for the convertor to flash to its desired stall speed of 3200? I don't understand how the tables read and how it affects the convertor lockup. I'd really appreciate any help someone can give me.

Potential Tuner
    I think you are getting the 255rpm from the desired tcc slip table not the apply speed table. For the apply/release speed tables the lower the # the earlier the torque converter clutch will lockup or release. The higher the # the later. The numbers in the fields are in output shaft speed "oss" so you would need to take the oss and multiply it by the gear ratio for whatever gear you are adjusting to find out the exact rpm that the #/value is representing in the tables. Example for 1st gear it would be something like 435*3.59=1561.65rpm. If you want the tcc to lockup at 3200rpm you would take 3200/3.59=891.36 so you would use 891 or 892 as your oos # in the apply speed fields for 1st gear. You will need to play around with it until you find what you like. If you want the converter unlocked for 1st and 2nd gear you would need to max out the apply and release speed fields to 3825 (pic attached for reference). If it was my car I would keep 1st and 2nd and maybe 3rd unlocked and take the car to the track and see how it launches. If you don't like the launch then put the stock values back and and adjust from there. I have seen quite a few posts on here about people running faster 60ft and 1/4mile times with their tc unlocked in 1st-3rd gear.

tcc.png
    Last edited by BAMKC; 10-21-2020 at 11:51 AM.

Thank you! Ive been so confused on how that table worked. Now for the TCC desired slip, how do you want that set? Cause that isnt based off individual gears I dont think..

Potential Tuner
    Some guys zero out the desired slip tables. I run 65, 40, 40, 20, 10, 10 on mine. I would maybe try it with them zero'd out and see if you like it. The higher the # the more rpm slip the lower the # less slip.

Ill try what you have for yours.. Thank you for the help, I really appreciate it.

so guys is it better to keep it unlocked all the way 1234 ? or only 1-2? and i would like the rpm to stay above 5900 between shifts so it give power band up .
    i unlocked mine on 1 -2 and in thrd i pot at 4200 apply and 3600 release and thats how i could keep the rpm from falling under 5900 between shifts , so in 4th and 5th should i keep it stock ? or unlock them?

thanks .

I unlocked mine in first and left it locked 2-5. My jeep was faster with it locked in 2-5 then with it unlocked in 1,2,3. I'm not sure about the rpm falling between shifts and changing apply release settings to change that. Ill let someone more experienced than me answer that one. All i know is I timed my 45-120 pull with 1-4 unlocked vs 1st unlocked and 2-4 locked and I was about 1 second faster locked vs unlocked.

thanks for replying .
    well i found my car feel heavy when its locked idk why or maybe its just me lool i run 3800 stall lock up tc and 3.92 get rag gears ,
    and about the apply and release in thrd i told ya about that gave me a consistent lock at almost 6000 rpm between gears ,

so when you mean locked your tc is that mean you gave it stock values ? or you did zero the tables of apply and release ?
    i would be happy to have a look at that file >

thanks again bro .

Attachment 104852

Here is what I am running with my 3200, no idea if its optimal for a convertor or what but its what Im running.