Thread: New Computer, cant connect interface. Please help

Potential Tuner

New Computer, cant connect interface. Please help

I have a Dodge Challenger and so does my father. We recently changed his source of tuner and since he is not very computer savvy, and just purchased a new computer today, I advised the tuner I would load the tunes etc using my computer to make the tuning and datalogging process smoother.

So I have a mpvi2, father has a mpvi pro. I added his application key etc, tuned his car multiple times using my computer to load the tuners files.

Purchased a new computer for him today, I believe I downloaded the drivers correct, a folder loaded to his desktop. I then loaded VCM Editor and Scanner, both icons on the desktop. I give the computer to him tonight with his latest tune saved to his desktop, he calls me says his interface isn't connected and it wont find it.

I log into my hptuner account, delete all his information from mpvi section thinking he can inherit it back. I attempt to resync his interface but again it still will not find it, multiple attempts. I go to load his tune, it says licensing not permitted or something along those lines. So I go through the site, purchase two more credits, new application key entered, go to resync and or attempt to write the tune, still no licensing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    2012 Dodge Challenger 5.7. 12.21, 125 shot 11.51@118
    New 448 ci build tuning started.

Open the tune, go to help and click on the mpvi application key. You may have to re enter. Also check properties on the tune file and make sure "read only" is not checked
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8