Thread: Stock g8 6.0/6speed swapped into a Rover Defender 90....IDLE HUNT IN PARK..STOCK!!

Stock g8 6.0/6speed swapped into a Rover Defender 90....IDLE HUNT IN PARK..STOCK!!

Hi gang,

Hunting resolution to a swap I am working on into a Defender 90 with an E38 ecu and all the parts from the same car except the air intake and a lokar DBW pedal.

Issue is that it runs awesome everywhere but at Idle (FTC14) in Park and off the brakes. There it hunts for idle like crazy...on a stock tune?!?! When it's in gear, rock steady.

I've been in and out of the idle tables trying to fix it by using the Follower TQ, Idle Spark, Under/Overspeed, min final air, and a couple others. I have not messed with the proportional/integral yet thinking I must be crazy to do that on a stock G8 tune.

Anyhow, may I get some guidance on where else to look and log? Tune and log attached.

defender.jpg

LSG6 idle WTF in park ivt offset off.hpt

Attachment 103773

LSG6 idle WTF in park ivt offset off.hpl

Senior Tuner
    Disclaimer, I'm learning too, but since you haven't had any bites...

Your log is 3m30s long and you're at operating temperature but you are still in open loop? Sure you are stock? For example table 12461 has closed loop ECT enable set high to disable closed loop operation. Your wideband shows you are lean most of the time.

Try these changes for your idle. Might be a bit too relaxed as these settings are for a larger cam. Flash it in with the engine cold. If the throttle hangs on cold start up but is good on warm start, look at the idle air ECT multiplier.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Must have fat fingered a paste or something along the way......MAF was way out down around idle so air measurement and idle were jacked up too.

Silly, but got it the other day not long after posting.