Thread: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE M6 drivability spark problems

Potential Tuner

2017 Camaro SS 1LE M6 drivability spark problems

chasing a drivability problem on a 2017 Camaro SS 1LE M6 that I did Whipple, Heads, Cam, LT4 fuel system, NW 103, LT headers and DSX low side, Monster clutch, rods and pistons and all the other supporting mods. when taking off from a stop tq mgt adv likes to play havoc on my spark and cause these spikes in the timing causing the car to surge like crazy and buck. it usually only occurs under light throttle taking off. Ive spent lots of time modifying and smoothing out the torque model and driver demand tables with no luck. Spark smoothing is off. didnt change on or off. The spark sometimes gets irratic under very light load and lower speeds. any other opinions on this would be greatly appreciated im open to suggestions.
    Thanks.
    Log and File attached
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Bcunningham1; 10-03-2020 at 04:47 PM.

My 1le does the same thing. If you log immediate torque source, you'll see it oscillate between none and axle. While in axle control the timing drops significantly. If you lower the vtt in the cruise areas of maf and airmass you can get it pretty smooth while driving steady state. I have also tried relentlessly to fix the pulling away from a stop in first gear timing sawtooth. Again the vtt tables will change how low it drops. I cannot completely get rid of it though as pulling to much torque out of the vtt in those areas makes throttle inputs overly sensitive and inconsistent. Not sure of the GM strategy where it switches to axle control on light throttle and in the instance of pulling away from a stop. Has to be a torque limit or multiplier table we're missing in the software.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 32vape View Post
    My 1le does the same thing. If you log immediate torque source, you'll see it oscillate between none and axle. While in axle control the timing drops significantly. If you lower the vtt in the cruise areas of maf and airmass you can get it pretty smooth while driving steady state. I have also tried relentlessly to fix the pulling away from a stop in first gear timing sawtooth. Again the vtt tables will change how low it drops. I cannot completely get rid of it though as pulling to much torque out of the vtt in those areas makes throttle inputs overly sensitive and inconsistent. Not sure of the GM strategy where it switches to axle control on light throttle and in the instance of pulling away from a stop. Has to be a torque limit or multiplier table we're missing in the software.
    Yeah it took me quite a bit of time to figure it out. as for the spark sawing under steady state driving I was able to clean it up in the VT tables. much less surging now and almost to a point where you see it on the scanner but do not feel it which is fine with me. As for pulling away from a stop and the timing tanking and sawing up and down, my problem seemed to improve when I lowered the driver demand values. It definitely was a balancing act though trying to find where on the table needed changes and it not neglecting another area in drivability With the oem scaling with VSS vs TPS. Im not even sure what unit is used for VSS. it doesnt seem to be MPH, KPH seems more accurate but maybe someone else can chime in that knows for sure. And I can definitely agree that HP tuners did not give us a full plate to work with in the software. If they aren't able to define tables then they probably just don't provide them to the public. At least Im not the only one whos encountering these kind of problems. thank you for your response.

Swap in a stock throttle body to test

Advanced Tuner
    This is definitely a combination of things, as is usual with gen 5 stuff. But I'd probably start by putting your torque request rate limits back to stock. Every time axle torque gets close to the lash area, axle comes and takes over torque control to smooth the transition. But after leaving lash, your foot is already driving torque back the other way. And monitor the zero pedal torque...if its staying over 0 which it probably is, its wrong.