Thread: 07 6.0 th350

Potential Tuner

07 6.0 th350

hey guys I'm swapping a 6.0l from an 07 suburban into a c10 and was planning in using a th350 i had kickin around. I'm currently bench tuning the pcm of i switch it to manual will it work or is there other tuning needed? pretty new at this have done a few swaps but have been using 4l60e's.

The computer would have to be flashed with a manual file if you wanted that "manual" change in the transmission tab to do anything. The Suburban never came with a manual so another 6.0 file would have to flashed into the computer but this would probably get complicated.

I've done a Th350 swap on a older GEN 3 computer no problem by just disabling all the transmission related DTC's and other related limiters/abuse modes. Never tried doing that on a E38 computer with a 6.0.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    will it still run and drive if I do the basics

All you can do is try. Disable all things that aren't being used and see if it runs.

I just wouldn't be surprised if something doesn't act right because the factory transmission is no longer there and it has no clue what gear it's in.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.