Thread: P061b

P061b

I was driving down a hill and coming to a stop, I was downshifting and when I put it into 1st gear on my A8 I got a P061B code. I do not have credits to tune my transmission so I am at a loss. Car runs and drives fine, I shut the light out but is showing Permanent Code. How do I put it in test mode to have it recheck it and hopefully clear it. My car is going for a Torque Converter upgrade in the spring. Is it something my tuner (Company doing the install) can fix? Thanks.

Well no big deal as I took it for a ride last night and it cleared the permanent code. That is good because it is getting put away at the end of this month.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgeboy View Post
    I was driving down a hill and coming to a stop, I was downshifting and when I put it into 1st gear on my A8 I got a P061B code. I do not have credits to tune my transmission so I am at a loss. Car runs and drives fine, I shut the light out but is showing Permanent Code. How do I put it in test mode to have it recheck it and hopefully clear it. My car is going for a Torque Converter upgrade in the spring. Is it something my tuner (Company doing the install) can fix? Thanks.
    is the Torque monitoring error , maybe is a tuned engine ?