Thread: Gen 1 Roush OP Issues

Tuner in Training

Gen 1 Roush OP Issues

looking for some insight as to why @ WOT my car goes in and out of OP mapped point?
    testrun2 (2).hpl

Tuner in Training
    Post tune or Look at your pedal position and load under OP under airflow and variable camshaft.

If you want to keep it in OP don't lift during shifts.

Looks normal to me.

look up murfies posts on distance tables i think iots possible to tune it out. map point goes into best fuel economy for a split second relativly normal though.

Tuner in Training
    How is it normal to be in OP 100% then switch to 40%OP and be in other mapped points as well through out the rpm ? I'm not talking about when it shifts I'm talking about through out the rpm @WOT it isnt staying in OP mapped point the whole time it is switching to other mapped points through the rpm.
    Also is it possible that the cam angles are reported wrong? Cause the desired angle is way differnt then the actual angle
    Last edited by mnbf69; 10-05-2020 at 09:15 PM.

If you plot out your mapped points in an excel spreadsheet, it helps gives a visual representation.

If your OP angles come close enough to the angles of a mapped point, its possible for it pull some weight to that mapped point that you're passing by.

It looks like you're getting pulled into MP 9 for the most part, if you're not realistically using this mapped point anywhere, a simple solution could be to disable it and see if that helps you not pull away from MP OP. I know that I've seen a lot of guys here do this, and as well in my personal car, I only have MPs 0-7 , MP 10 and OP enabled.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by nicks1031 View Post
    If you plot out your mapped points in an excel spreadsheet, it helps gives a visual representation.

If your OP angles come close enough to the angles of a mapped point, its possible for it pull some weight to that mapped point that you're passing by.

It looks like you're getting pulled into MP 9 for the most part, if you're not realistically using this mapped point anywhere, a simple solution could be to disable it and see if that helps you not pull away from MP OP. I know that I've seen a lot of guys here do this, and as well in my personal car, I only have MPs 0-7 , MP 10 and OP enabled.
    Ok sounds good I was doing more reading and this seems to be the most logical way, I was just assuming that I could get full OP control in a gen 1 .... still a little confused as to the desired VCT angles and actual angles being so differnt

Desired and Actual are pretty close while you're in 100% OP.

Here is a screen shot of an example of plotting MPs.

MP Plot Example.PNG

You can see where our blue line (OP VCT angles) comes very close to the circled MPs, in my case, MP 8 and 11 are disabled so no worries there, however, MP 7 is enabled and is fairly close to my OP line. You can see visually how it might want to blend into MP 7 as it passes by. The solution here might be to lower my EVC angle from 15 to say 12, bringing that line further down from MP 7.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by nicks1031 View Post
    Desired and Actual are pretty close while you're in 100% OP.

Here is a screen shot of an example of plotting MPs.

MP Plot Example.PNG

You can see where our blue line (OP VCT angles) comes very close to the circled MPs, in my case, MP 8 and 11 are disabled so no worries there, however, MP 7 is enabled and is fairly close to my OP line. You can see visually how it might want to blend into MP 7 as it passes by. The solution here might be to lower my EVC angle from 15 to say 12, bringing that line further down from MP 7.
    Thanks for your patience and under standing . I now see why people see such gains from the base roush canned tune, that amount of timing after a shift and the timing/VCT switching to differnt mapped points cant be very optimal.