Thread: 06 tune file check/advice

Potential Tuner

06 tune file check/advice

im playing around and slowly working my way into tuning i have not ran this tune ive only played with editing it. if someone wants to check it out and maybe throw me advice or some pointers that would be cool. 06 cummins v2.hpt

here are a few things i'd do in this file, that should help you out. i don't spend much time on here just too busy, but many helped me starting out so this repaying it forward. i didn't give away all the tricks but enough to get you going and should wake it up.
    https://we.tl/t-GVikInMZV6
    2010 F-350 03 5.9/848ecm, built 5R110, 30% over sticks, 10mm pump, 64mm Stealth Turbo
    2008 F-350 03 5.9
    Fumminstuning.com

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins_Tuning View Post
    here are a few things i'd do in this file, that should help you out. i don't spend much time on here just too busy, but many helped me starting out so this repaying it forward. i didn't give away all the tricks but enough to get you going and should wake it up.
    https://we.tl/t-GVikInMZV6
    thanks a million its hard to get any tips/help in this area of things so anything i can sponge up helps out.i spend a ton of time on here researching etc and just reading mainly it is so hard to keep up with all the information that's really out here how did you come up with the pilot injection timing?

i just ues one map and copied it over then chopped off the end where i want to make sure pilot is off, pilot off it will respond well, you can try to tapper off pilot to the zeroed out but all in all keep testing to see what you like the best.
    i have an 845 & 848 ecm they both respond differently to pilot being taken away at different times. the 845 i drop just after 2000 rpm a bit loud but helps my turbo run cleaner as well more rail than you have. don't be afraid to run 170+mpa, your base DC in the pump will need some changes as well current to Dc makes a big difference on pump psi at lower rpm's
    2010 F-350 03 5.9/848ecm, built 5R110, 30% over sticks, 10mm pump, 64mm Stealth Turbo
    2008 F-350 03 5.9
    Fumminstuning.com

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins_Tuning View Post
    i just ues one map and copied it over then chopped off the end where i want to make sure pilot is off, pilot off it will respond well, you can try to tapper off pilot to the zeroed out but all in all keep testing to see what you like the best.
    i have an 845 & 848 ecm they both respond differently to pilot being taken away at different times. the 845 i drop just after 2000 rpm a bit loud but helps my turbo run cleaner as well more rail than you have. don't be afraid to run 170+mpa, your base DC in the pump will need some changes as well current to Dc makes a big difference on pump psi at lower rpm's
    im looking at the base duty cycle map, im trying to understand this table for more fuel down low would i need to add percentage? i have never been on this table before. table 7504? correct

more fuel pressure or volume? this is used to correct when desired vs actual do not match, you would make a graph to see what cells are being used at any given time. typically only adjusted in high-load areas with long injector duration times.
    2008 F-350 03 5.9
    Fumminstuning.com