Thread: Rev Hang issue

Advanced Tuner

Rev Hang issue

I have a rev hang issue after pushing the clutch in above 4000 rpm. Im not sure where to begin. The car his an airaid cai without the maf insert, long tube headers, mutha thumpr cams(locked not limited) and is tuned for 91/93. The car idles and drives perfect but when doing a WOT pull or anything above 4000 rpm the throttle will hang. My torque module switch is enabled so Im t a lossmuthathumpr_91_Airiad_LTH.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    I really need help in this one guys. I?m not really familiar with what causes rev hang on the Spanish oak ecus. I?ve tuned mostly coyote copperhead, tricore ecus. This one is a first for me. Everything is really pretty much dialed in besides this

Advanced Tuner
    go to the dashpot decay function and double the decay over 1.25 lbs

Advanced Tuner
    I will give that a try and report back

Advanced Tuner
    fine tuning.hpl
    Screenshot (7).png
    Screenshot (8).png
    The issue still persist, in the log the tip-out torque source comes on. Also I did as you said an doubled the dashpot decay where specified. Do you think its a good idea to put these values back to stock or just keep multiplying the dashpot. Also would you leave the tipout torque reduction to 0 or enable it?

Advanced Tuner
    Update I changed dashpot decay back to the stock values and it took care of the rev hang. So if anybody has similar issues on the 2005-2010 3v Spanish oak ecu, don?t change these values from stock even when cammed.

Advanced Tuner
    Is that what fixed your rev hang? Because I have a car doing similar things. But Dashpot decay appears to be stock...

Advanced Tuner
    Ive never tuned a vehicle before and left stock dashpot values in it. Thats 95% of the tune. I spend more time dialing in dashpot than anything.

Advanced Tuner
    yeah for whatever reason this car really liked the dashpot decay to be stock. I did initially changed the decay values to decay slower but for whatever reason it functions just fine once turned back to stock.

Advanced Tuner
    yes that fixed my issue, maybe try playing around with the values slowly increasing them till the problem goes away. Putting them back to stock helped in my case but may not help in yours. Driver demand, and the idle tables will effect rev hang, as well as your throttle data.