Thread: Diff Swap/New Gearing- Forced Neutral

Potential Tuner

Diff Swap/New Gearing- Forced Neutral

Car Background: Car Background: 2007 Dodge Charger R/T- 612RWHP - ProCharger (8-9) PSI , Comp Cam, Snow Performance Meth injection, Longtubes/Corsa Exhaust, Gutted Cats, Nitto 555rs and now a 3.06 Getrag LSD...

About 3 weeks ago I swapped my 2.82 open for 3.06 LSD Getrag, swap went great, car drives amazing 90% of the time. Went in and changed the gears to 3.06 and also performed the EGS5x Init procedure. The problem I'm having now is that any high amount of wheel spin or if I am high into the RPMs, the car will sometimes disconnect drive and force neutral. (No power to wheels- believe its a TCM fail safe and not Limp Mode) A simple restart of the car re-engages the drive and it is fine.... here's the odd part, it throws a CEL but no codes. Couple starts later, CEL is gone, still no codes.

I am newer to HP tuner, car was dyno tuned by shop, I have not played a ton with HP yet, but am quickly learning. I don't want to start messing with too many things without some advice or direction. Looking for some thoughts on where to start on the tune side... having checked a lot of the potential mechanical problems off the list, my gut tells me it's probably something tune related. Feel like something is reaching a limit under WOT and it's activating a fail safe.

Senior Tuner
    Youre exceeding your TCM limit + TCM Offset. When you do so, itll go into limp mode, neutral. Guessing with the new gear ratio youre spinning the tires harder and quicker and overshooting the limits. Try making the TCM limp offset to 1000

Potential Tuner
    Got the limp mode changed, was the only thing I changed and somehow it caused my entire trans tune to go out the window. No longer have auto stick and my shift schedules all messed up. I have the original tune before the change but the TCM refuses to let me make changes other than limp mode offset. Thoughts on what happens?