Thread: Help with S550 6r80 TCC Slip after lockup

Help with S550 6r80 TCC Slip after lockup

I am trying to use the lockup on my converter in 2nd and 3rd in the 1/4 because my 258 2B converter is slipping too much when running it unlocked. I am still seeing 2000 rpm of slip in 2nd when the lockup is commanded. The converter locks up half way through second. Is there anything in the attached tune I can change to make it lock sooner in 2nd? The car is a twin turbo 2015 GT with a 4r200 hub and 930 RWHP.4R200_Track_2_3_Lock_60PSI_10.06.30.hptMIR_10.04_9.17_154_G12_R30.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    It looks like it's slipping badly during the apply. How long did you run like this before you made the changes to the Lockup Rate? The clutch may be damaged already or being damaged now.

-Scale up your tables for the torque output you are making now. You need to get your fuel trims dialed in as well. Suppose a lower lockup rate is being used because the car is estimating lower torque output? That would certainly cause additional slip, don't you agree?

-I would not command the lockup to occur this early in the gear because at this moment you have the greatest slip which makes it very hard for the TCC to close the rpm gap. You can command early, but I'd up my Speed Ratio to something a little easier. This will delay the lock until there's not a huge gap. Might end up locking in your final quarter mile gear... It's up to you to find the right values for your car should you take my advice on this.

Good luck and let me know your results.

P.S. My 4C and now my FTI converter both locked up fairly quickly even with my supercharger.. perhaps not as firm as my trans shifts, but quick enough!
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

Are you talking about the TCC lockup rate table? It seems odd to think of rate in terms of FT/LBs . I would expect a time in there. Does it work in conjunction with the Speed ratio? I am a bit slow when it comes to locking the converter. The trims are off because I raised my fuel pressure to stretch my injectors and it threw the trims off. I am was not certain of my ethanol content either. i was trying to lock the converter when I went into second because my converter slips too much with the turbo. I may go back to just locking it in third.