Thread: New to HP tuners - help with ghost tune

Potential Tuner

Question New to HP tuners - help with ghost tune

i have looked on the forum and tried a few things but i think i am missing some of the tables that need changed or possibly changing the wrong tables.

1. i have attached my current tune that is on the car (2015 stock bottom end with a whipple, H pipe, axle back)
    2. can these be done with a whipple installed vs N/A?
    3. can someone help modify the file or give some screen shots to items that need changed possibly?

thanks in advance!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    I successfully got a ghost cam to work on a Whipple 2018. I didn’t use the common method, but rather just commanded an existing mapped point that had a lot of overlap at idle. I only had to change a few numbers in the cal. However, be prepared to deal with some idle stability issues, which I didn’t delve into.

Advanced Tuner
    I did one where I think I picked MP10 at idle. It drives completely fine and had no issues at all at idle or coming to idle. I think the only thing I did other than commanded vct adjustments was pull a little timing out in that area so it chopped a little harder but that was it. It was earlier this year like April though so it?s long forgotten in my head.

Advanced Tuner
    Same here. My friend wanted his 2018 to have some chop. I used MP8 and took no effort to make it drivable. I couldn't believe it was that easy. My 2014 was significantly more difficult as far as not killing on decel.

It's not something I leave on though as I prefer a smooth running machine, but have it when I want it to sound cooler than normal for a little drive or special occasion.
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

Advanced Tuner
    Black bolt, is your MP8 cam timing 10,5?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    Black bolt, is your MP8 cam timing 10,5?
    Nah MP8 on the stock tune is 10/30. MP10 is -20/0 so I could see that working as well, in fact it may be better overall. I had also modified MP8 to be 0/30 and it started getting a very nice chop
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.

Advanced Tuner
    I tried a few before I settled on mp10 if I remember correctly. It isn?t crazy but it?s ?enough?

Advanced Tuner
    Ok on my Whipple 2018, mp11 is -20,0. I used that one and it gave a decent chop. However, it had some idle quirkiness. Some of the Whipple mapped points aren’t fully developed so it wouldn’t surprise me if that were the issue.

Dumb question - how do you target a certain mapped point table for idle? Or are you guys copying over MP8 or MP10 or whatever over into the mapped point table the car settles on when in idle?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlindgr View Post
    Dumb question - how do you target a certain mapped point table for idle? Or are you guys copying over MP8 or MP10 or whatever over into the mapped point table the car settles on when in idle?
    Read this.... https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ce-Tables-Work

Let us know if you have any questions after reading that....

Advanced Tuner
    For mine, in the vct best fuel economy distance table, I commanded MP11 at 600 rpm and .15-.25 load. My MP11 is -20,0. It worked but the idle needed some work. This is also with the huge Whipple crusher TB which probably barely idles steady base-case.