Thread: X7F, Negative Response Code

X7F, Negative Response Code

I have two Hemi LX vehicles, an 05 and an 06, with the same type Mercedes NAG1 transmission in them and am trying to load the complete transmission file from one vehicle into the other one and I keep receiving this code. Does anyone know what the following code means and how to correct it? The code is, "X7F, Negative Response Code". Both vehicles and all files are licensed. Is there some secret to loading a file from one vehicle to another when everything is properly licensed?
    Two (now Three) Hemi's, an 05 5.7 Magnum, an 06 300C SRT8 and an 06 5.7 Jeep Grand Cherokee, all somewhat modded. The 5.7's are modded almost the same with advanced (10* for Maggie and 6* for the Jeep) FRI Sidewinder cams/6.1 valve trains, ported/milled heads w/new valve seats, SC, DS and HP Tuners, headers, cat. backs, underdrive pulleys, SOS coils, catch cans, 90 mm throttle bodies, plus a bunch of cosmetic stuff. 06 300C SRT8, Comp. Cammed, HPT tuned, Foose wheels, 85 mm TB.

If the operating system is not the same for both transmissions that is why you are getting the error. I think if you unhook the battery on the car you tried to flash let it sit. Then rehook the battery and write entire the original file back into the car with the error. Hopefully that will fix the x7f code. Then just do a compare of the two transmission files change what you need to make them the same and do a write calibration to the transmission to make the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by openwheel25 View Post
    If the operating system is not the same for both transmissions that is why you are getting the error. I think if you unhook the battery on the car you tried to flash let it sit. Then rehook the battery and write entire the original file back into the car with the error. Hopefully that will fix the x7f code. Then just do a compare of the two transmission files change what you need to make them the same and do a write calibration to the transmission to make the changes.
    Thanks for the input. Yes, the operating systems are different. Will this also update the operating system to the new one I am trying to load to?

Sorry I am so dense, but to clarify, the vehicle I am trying to load the file to needs to have the battery disconnected for a bit (about how long?) and then write the new file to the receiving vehicle even with the error???? Will it allow me to do this? When I tried it the first time (no battery disconnect) it acted like it was going to load the file and then stopped and that message came up. Also, which vehicle is this code saying the error is against.....the sending or receiving vehicle?

Thanks again for your help. I just don't want to screw something up......for me, sometimes a little knowledge is dangerous.
    Two (now Three) Hemi's, an 05 5.7 Magnum, an 06 300C SRT8 and an 06 5.7 Jeep Grand Cherokee, all somewhat modded. The 5.7's are modded almost the same with advanced (10* for Maggie and 6* for the Jeep) FRI Sidewinder cams/6.1 valve trains, ported/milled heads w/new valve seats, SC, DS and HP Tuners, headers, cat. backs, underdrive pulleys, SOS coils, catch cans, 90 mm throttle bodies, plus a bunch of cosmetic stuff. 06 300C SRT8, Comp. Cammed, HPT tuned, Foose wheels, 85 mm TB.

Sorry for not responding sooner. The car that has the error you will have to load the original tune that came from the same car. That should fix the error. But it would have you back to square one. Then to put the same calibration in each car you will have to do it manually. What I mean is that you will have to load both tunes and compare the differences. Change the differences to the same. When you are done then write calibration. That way it should get done what you are trying to accomplish. I hope that all makes sense.

Sorry, I've been out of town and away from a computer. Yes, thanks, I think I've got that part down now. As I also said (cause of the X7F code), both operating systems are different too. Is there a way to "update" the older system with the newer one, or is that not possible? Also, will a later version of the operating system make a big difference or no difference at all?

Hp tuners isn't able to change the operating system. But, I would think if the calibration of the two systems was the same they should act the same.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.