Thread: New to HP Tuners. "Injector Slope" adjustment.

Potential Tuner

Question New to HP Tuners. "Injector Slope" adjustment.

Had a Diablo intune before and I could adjust the "injector slope" I am not sure how to make a similar adjustment with HP Tuners.

My data log was showing a +18 on my ltft.

background info. Swapped a 6.2 L9H into a Tahoe that originally had a 5.3 LMG. Currently using a basically stock Tune for a 6.2 with VVT disabled. Have a mild non-VVT cam (212 / 220 .501 lift)

Thanks,

I'm not sure what you'd need an injector slope adjustment for and I haven't heard of that before.

If you are using the 6.2 injectors you just need that data and nothing more. Once the injector data is set you never touch it again.

All your fueling changes are done with the MAF and VVE tables. Throw a wideband in the exhaust and start tuning with that using and AFR error against the commnaded AFR. It will tell you exactly where to add or remove fuel from whichever part you are tuning at the time (be it MAF or VVE).
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I'm not sure what you'd need an injector slope adjustment for and I haven't heard of that before.

If you are using the 6.2 injectors you just need that data and nothing more. Once the injector data is set you never touch it again.

All your fueling changes are done with the MAF and VVE tables. Throw a wideband in the exhaust and start tuning with that using and AFR error against the commnaded AFR. It will tell you exactly where to add or remove fuel from whichever part you are tuning at the time (be it MAF or VVE).

I read in a post someplace where you had told a member something about MAF and VE at the same time. i.e. Log MAF and VE by setting the VE high disable to like 300 and log both together. I don't know if you remember that post it was over a year ago, but is that really possible?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
    2000 Regal GSE
    2007 Trailblazer SS

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RaysZ71 View Post
    ... Had a Diablo intune before and I could adjust the "injector slope" I am not sure how to make a similar adjustment with HP Tuners. My data log was showing a +18 on my ltft...

The tuning by "Injector Slope" option is simply adjusting the Injector Flow Rate to compensate for fuel trims. This is a complete "fudge factor" - and is not the same as properly calibrating the MAF Sensor and the VVE.

This "fudge factor" will cause other calculations to become inaccurate - like calculated engine torque.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 00GrcyGtr View Post
    I read in a post someplace where you had told a member something about MAF and VE at the same time. i.e. Log MAF and VE by setting the VE high disable to like 300 and log both together. I don't know if you remember that post it was over a year ago, but is that really possible?

You can log MAF and VVE data at the same time - that does not mean that you can recalibrate these simultaneously - it just lets you get an idea of how far off things are from the outset.

Setting the MAF only mode enable to a low RPM (like 300 or 400) simply means that the ECM will immediately operate based solely on the MAF data.

Advanced Tuner
    BUT... you CAN build a starter VVE table from MAF, MAP, MAT, and RPM while your are tuning MAF. Several threads on it.

Quote Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post
    BUT... you CAN build a starter VVE table from MAF, MAP, MAT, and RPM while your are tuning MAF. Several threads on it.
    The post I read that comment in was talking calibration, not just logging, I just can't get @5FDP to answer me, probably because I sneak up on him about it in random posts, and it was 3 years ago or so.
    If you can think of any helpful links to this method, I would be quite greatfull.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
    2000 Regal GSE
    2007 Trailblazer SS

this is mind numbing