Thread: MU52/13-14 GT500 Injector data info

Tuner in Training

MU52/13-14 GT500 Injector data info

Tuning a 12 GT mustang for a friend with a department of boost GT500 blower kit on it. kit was supplied with the M-9593-MU52 ford racing injectors which are said to have also been used in the 13-14 GT500. My issue is im finding conflicting information on the GT500 data vs the data provided by ford racing. My other issue is i know the coyote runs on 55psi or 4 bar pressure where everything i find on this is based on 3 bar 39psi pressure.
    Ive done two nights of searching to find others with the same issue also.
    Anyone else use these injectors have some insight ? thanks!
    Last edited by fourcams; 10-08-2020 at 03:54 PM.

Tuner
    I am running the MU52’s in my 17 TVS coyote. I used the ford data. They flow 52lbs @39.15 but in the injector multipliers at 55-58lbs is roughly 1.250 equals 65lbs per hr hi slope. This data worked for me, not sure what fuel pressure A 2012 runs. Ive only tuned my 17 so not sure if 2012s have a return or return less setup. That could make a difference....

https://performanceparts.ford.com/pa...-9593-MU52.pdf
    Last edited by rryanfla; 10-08-2020 at 06:28 PM.

All coyote's are factory with a returnless style fuel system. Fuel pressure is inferred, thats why there are multiplier tables. It won't matter what the 'Rated' fuel pressure is on the MU52 data sheet, so long as its accurate data, the multipliers will take care of everything. If you've got a returnstyle system on the car, you can use the multipliers to figure what your values would be at a static fuel pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by nicks1031 View Post
    All coyote's are factory with a returnless style fuel system. Fuel pressure is inferred, thats why there are multiplier tables. It won't matter what the 'Rated' fuel pressure is on the MU52 data sheet, so long as its accurate data, the multipliers will take care of everything. If you've got a returnstyle system on the car, you can use the multipliers to figure what your values would be at a static fuel pressure.

It should work that way, but it does not.

Quote Originally Posted by CCS86 View Post
    It should work that way, but it does not.
    Do you mean that the ECU doesn't work like that or that with all the inferencing going on it doesn't always work that simply?

Quote Originally Posted by nicks1031 View Post
    Do you mean that the ECU doesn't work like that or that with all the inferencing going on it doesn't always work that simply?

It's hard to say. All I can tell you is that with the calibration sheet data entered in, with stock GT inferred rail pressure tables, and an OEM 2013 GT500 MAF and calibration, the fueling is not good.

I even replaced the fuel rails to allow an external rail pressure sensor, and fully corrected the inferred tables. Still bad fueling.

It took me a long time and a lot of work to modify the calibration for good fueling across the full range of fuel flow and transients.

Quote Originally Posted by CCS86 View Post
    It's hard to say. All I can tell you is that with the calibration sheet data entered in, with stock GT inferred rail pressure tables, and an OEM 2013 GT500 MAF and calibration, the fueling is not good.

I even replaced the fuel rails to allow an external rail pressure sensor, and fully corrected the inferred tables. Still bad fueling.

It took me a long time and a lot of work to modify the calibration for good fueling across the full range of fuel flow and transients.
    Ah I understand. I wanna say this is probably because, unfortunately, not all injectors are created equal and they can vary from Bosch quite a bit. I've been told the MU52 Data from Ford is not that great sometimes, some it works just fine.

Advanced Tuner
    For MU-52s on a my FI 2014 GT which is otherwise stock, I used the Flow Rate, Pulse Width, and Offset sections from GT-500 calibration. Rail Temp I put 1s across it and everything else is stock.

That got me close, then I calibrated the MAF since I have a CAI. Drives perfectly.
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

Tuner in Training
    I just used all the data from the gt500 cal. all seems to be working well except a rich decel issue after tip in

Anyone can help us for how we can get best tune for this injectors mu52 ?

Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt22 View Post
    For MU-52s on a my FI 2014 GT which is otherwise stock, I used the Flow Rate, Pulse Width, and Offset sections from GT-500 calibration. Rail Temp I put 1s across it and everything else is stock.

That got me close, then I calibrated the MAF since I have a CAI. Drives perfectly.
    nice! this is exactly what I wanted to confirm!
    Screenshot 2023-11-09 210324M.png
    basically I'll copy this values into my tune. And then proceed to tune the MAF next