Thread: VCM scanner required internet connection to log or i loose pids, normal?

Tuner in Training

VCM scanner required internet connection to log or i loose pids, normal?

I read the latest release and I see that read/ write vcm editor needs internet connection, not vcm scanner unless i am mistaken? I struggled with losing pids while datalogging i figured out it was when i had no internet connection. Is a internet connection required to datalog and why? Because tethering my phone to my laptop it logs all my data flawless, if I do not have a connection or forget in staging lanes , I get half my data, happened at the track on one pass last weekend.

If it requires internet, well fine that's a real pain in the ass, to log data as it adds extra steps and battery power when logging all day, if i am doing something wrong please advise.

I am logging my 2019 hellcat red eye. using beta and stable, I can provide troubleshooting data if needed.

Thanks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    AFAIK the scanner does not require an internet connection for any vehicle, make sure to repoll for the available pids, this is the most common reason for pids dropping out. Also make sure you are running the NEWEST PUBLIC version or the NEWEST BETA version if you prefer to run the beta software.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    AFAIK the scanner does not require an internet connection for any vehicle, make sure to repoll for the available pids, this is the most common reason for pids dropping out. Also make sure you are running the NEWEST PUBLIC version or the NEWEST BETA version if you prefer to run the beta software.

Ok thank you for reply, I will try that and see, I only drop pids when the internet is not tethered to the internet, like clockwork. I update beta and make sure I'm up to date every day almost. Beta or stable do same thing, ill repoll, hopefully that works!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Ok so I just spoke to our head engineer about this and this is the feedback I received " so on some 18+ Dodges, MPIDs required the SAC to bypass the gateway, which would require internet"
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Ok so I just spoke to our head engineer about this and this is the feedback I received " so on some 18+ Dodges, MPIDs required the SAC to bypass the gateway, which would require internet"
    Ok thank you Bill ! I was about to post request information because I done everything I can including what you ask above many times and second internet connection is gone, no matter if I restart car, unplug MPVI2, repoll, nothing mattered but having that internet connection. Just so I understand the terminology what does SAC mean? I have your bypass cable and the car is tuned, a google search turned up nothing but windows security stuff.

I noticed this in vcm scanner notes but assumed that was for the module bypassed by the cable, "Controller Type ID By OS: 21126
    Diagnostic Requirements: Init CAN 0x10 0x92, FCA SGW Bypass
    Scanning Methods: ISO 15031-5 Mode 0x01 Functional, ISO 15031-5 Mode 0x01 Physical, ISO 14230-3 Mode 0x22, ISO 14230-3 Mode 0x2C 0x21, CAN Listener"