Thread: Care to check out my e85 tune?

Care to check out my e85 tune?

*** EDIT: This is a Flex Fuel Tune not a dedicated e85 tune ***

Car has GT350 intake, throttle body, so used FRPP2 as base tune for most of it. Right now this is on the stock OS because not all of the FFV fields were present in the FRPP2 OS. Being that FRPP2 is designed for 91 octane, I'm sure I can advance the timing a bit, but otherwise, how does this look? Some of the tables I changed using recommendations from the coyote cookbook. I did not enable OP mapped point though because it looked like most people on here just scanned for which points were used at WOT and tuned for those.

Where I live, the e85 is supposedly at least e80, even in the winter. It doesn't get "cold" here though. A cold day in winter is 10 degrees Celsius.Attachment 104017
    Last edited by Mustang; 10-11-2020 at 12:58 PM. Reason: This is a ff tune, not an e85 tune
    Sorry for asking a lot of probably stupid questions, I'm trying to learn. Thank you in advance for any information you have provided me

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    Car has GT350 intake, throttle body, so used FRPP2 as base tune for most of it. Right now this is on the stock OS because not all of the FFV fields were present in the FRPP2 OS. Being that FRPP2 is designed for 91 octane, I'm sure I can advance the timing a bit, but otherwise, how does this look? Some of the tables I changed using recommendations from the coyote cookbook. I did not enable OP mapped point though because it looked like most people on here just scanned for which points were used at WOT and tuned for those.

Where I live, the e85 is supposedly at least e80, even in the winter. It doesn't get "cold" here though. A cold day in winter is 10 degrees Celsius.Attachment 104017
    You didn't make an e85 tune, you made a flex fuel tune.

I fixed a couple things

Flex - Not a e85 tune-FRPP2 2015 GT.hpt

Thank you, I apologize, yes most definitely a FF tune. I'll see if I can edit the post title to reflect that. I plan to run e85 all the time, but I did want to try out the FF just in case. I see that you advanced the onset of the cooling fans and adjusting the starting fuelmass. Thank you very much for looking this over!
    Sorry for asking a lot of probably stupid questions, I'm trying to learn. Thank you in advance for any information you have provided me

If you run e85 all the time set your tune up for it and disable flex fuel

added a few ontop of lastplace for flex that i have found to work. added the gt350 maf table too and few missing TB/idle tables and stock DD.

you are not going to want to try flex without a stock OS tune that previously runs well on the gt350 TB prior to turning on flexfuel, it is painful. copy the flex tables over to the frpp2 tune and it will work just the same. have ran flex on both OS with out issue.

Flex1.1 - Not a e85 tune-FRPP2 2015 GT.hpt

I was unsuccessful at getting the car to run right with the stock OS even by copying the frpp tables to the stock OS (And not doing any of the flex fuel stuff). It would run -- it would have a hard time starting and then run pig rich. I double checked my MAF tables and throttle body tables copied over correctly (They had) but it refused to run right. It ran so bad, I didn't bother trying to drive it down the street.

I think I will try to copy over the values onto the FRPP OS tune. Thank you both very much!

If your fuel trims are not on point don’t waste your time with flex fuel logic

Grim5.0 was telling me that as well. I haven't touched the fuelling tables and it's still the stock injectors, but I think I'm going to get those spot on before I work on the FF tune further. Thank you very much for your help on this!