Thread: 2019 Silverado tuning issues? Does the ecm need to be unlocked

Advanced Tuner

2019 Silverado tuning issues? Does the ecm need to be unlocked

Anyone tune a 2019? I've heard of tuners having issues with them and I'm wondering what they might have been? We just did a bunch of work to one and i can't read the ECM. I though maybe a ground was bad or something but the truck starts right up. Do these ecms need to be unlocked?

Advanced Tuner
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Advanced Tuner
    Makes sense. I just read how much it costs too. Jesus that's rough

Advanced Tuner
    GM seems to believe that you do not have the right to customize the modules that you own.

Maybe GM would like to dictate what colour you are allowed to repaint your vehicle.

Total B.S.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon S. View Post
    GM seems to believe that you do not have the right to customize the modules that you own.

Maybe GM would like to dictate what colour you are allowed to repaint your vehicle.

Total B.S.
    Well said. Agree 100%!

Advanced Tuner
    Dodge is just as bad if not worse. Everything since 2015 needs to be unlocked

Advanced Tuner
    Does it even matter anymore now that someone with a tesla can "supposedly" run low 10s stock while we just sit here and spin tires? I'm being somewhat sarcastic, as teslas are extremely overhyped and subjected to biased information, but the future looks very bad, hopefully since there won't be any more tuning for newer stuff it will get HP and others to concentrate more on full support of the stuff we have now so we can get things properly optimized like they should be, like trans parameters we need for proper lockup and stuff like that, that wastes power.

Tuner in Training
    Hopefully we can get more right to repair bills passed like Massachusetts or get a federal one passed... That will open up more availability and such for the consumers....