Thread: TCM flash

TCM flash

can i bench flash an allison tcm, i.e., can hpt read/write the TCM flash separately (like efilive)? i only see VCM flash option in editor. TIA.

-alex

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    i dont believe you can read/flash them separatly...hpt doesnt separate them or charge extra credits for the tranny like efilive does. You definitly can bench flash them though...chris did it at sema the other day
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

The ECM must be present to flash. We do not license TCM's seperately. In future it may be possible to flash the ECM only (for an ECM/TCM combo), however the ECM must always be present to flash the TCM.
    I count sheep in hex...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    The ECM must be present to flash. We do not license TCM's seperately. In future it may be possible to flash the ECM only (for an ECM/TCM combo), however the ECM must always be present to flash the TCM.
    thanks. so currently, if it's combo, to flash ecm both controllers need be present as well?

Quote Originally Posted by vectorbundle
    thanks. so currently, if it's combo, to flash ecm both controllers need be present as well?
    if you read both the ECM and TCM then you need to write both the ECM and TCM. You can remove the ECM from the vehicle and just read it (or disconnect the TCM) and flash only the ECM if you want.
    I count sheep in hex...

understood, thank you.

Tuner
    I was having problems reading an entire read on one setup. I finally had to pull the TCM so I could look at the ECM side for a read.

Some after market hand held programers do some thing in the TCM that makes it un-readable. So much for doing Pulse Per Mile comparisons and posting them up.

So there is no way to flash a HSV TCM program into a Holden while leaving the Holden ECM program stock?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by carneb
    So there is no way to flash a HSV TCM program into a Holden while leaving the Holden ECM program stock?
    yes you can, but why is this post in the diesel section?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    yes you can, but why is this post in the diesel section?
    oops, didn't notice that.