Thread: Probing for nitrous TPS. Surging on coastdown now

Tuner in Training

Surge on coastdown. Cant figure it out. Please help!!!! 😩

2009 CTS V A6 car. 800whp. Tune was on point and the car ran great until this. I was probing wires for rising voltage when installing a nitrous TPS switch. I found the right one but when I started the car after probing it was in reduced power mode and threw a throttle body code. Cleared the code, restarted the car and it seemed fine but when I drove it i now had a surge on coastdown and light throttle. If you drive for a while it goes away but it will start the whole process over again every time you turn the car off and restart it. Its like it has to relearn the TPS every single time I shut the car off. Also the timing swings up and down when it surges and the A/F swings wildly up and down from super lean to super rich. One more clue is that if I depress the brake pedal while its surging it will stop while pedal is depressed. Car idles fine. Im guessing something fried in the throttle body but I want to get a few opinions before I replace the electronics in the throttle body because I?m not getting a single CEL. The throttle body is a NW boosted 102. NW tells me they use stock LS3 electronics in those but like I said, I could use a few opinions before I buy an LS3 TB and replace the electronics.
    Thanks in advance 👍🏻
    Last edited by MurderV2; 10-12-2020 at 04:00 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Post the tune, Just because they use stock eletronics does not mean the tune is setup for a stock throttle body. Which code is it tossing? P1516? P2101?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Asd_srt View Post
    Post the tune, Just because they use stock eletronics does not mean the tune is setup for a stock throttle body. Which code is it tossing? P1516? P2101?
    It?s isn?t giving me any codes. After I probed the wires it threw po122 and went into reduced power mode. I cleared the code and the car ran fine but started this surge on coastdown issue. The car ran great before and I had no issues with the tune. It all started after probing the throttle body wires.

Tuner in Training
    Heres a log I just took. Timing is going crazy during surge.
    10.12.20.hpl

Tuner in Training
    Can someone please look at this log and give me some input?