Thread: lq4 lsa start up issues

Tuner in Training

lq4 lsa start up issues

lq4 with lsa supercharger having trouble with a sd start up.im pretty sure i have a sensor issue.i can get it to run but when making afr corrections it wont idol,hoping someone can point me into the right direction.

6.0 .030 over 9.4 t0 1 comp 223 238 cam lsa ls9 lid map 12592525 iat 12614717 inj 12598646 boost referenced fuel rail dbw p59 pcm

Attachment 104089Attachment 104090Attachment 104089Attachment 104090

Did you put the injector data into a conversion spreadsheet so that you can put the LS3 style injector data into the LS1 style format??

Also your coolant temps are through the roof man, that is not helping how it's runs. Also the fuel trims must be cleared in the scanner otherwise any change you make is going to skewed if the trim is still pulling or adding fuel on you. This data log shows -3.9%.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    ok making progress uploaded the injector data that helped but cant seem to get ltft to turn off.drove the truck ran fine untill i hit 105 map went into limp mode and idled home.i updated the mapp linear and offset for my 12592525 what else do i need to do w that ,also my ect sensor doesnt seem accurate is there a table for that

Reset the LTFT with the scanner before data logging, that is how they will return to zero.

The coolant temps looks fine to me in that log. It's staying around 190-205 which is perfect if you ask me. The previous log had absurd coolant temps that were a real problem.

Remove the 1 bar MAP channel and replace it with the 3 bar channel, otherwise it's always going to stop at 105kpa.

Going into limp mode should toss a new code and it might be the P1514/P0068 code in the engine diag tab. You can raise that table way up so it won't trip that anymore.

Your injector data is still off. I downloaded a stock CTS-V tune with those stock LSA injectors and used that spreadsheet and the values I get a different than the ones in your tune. Those stock LSA injectors flow roughly 53-54lb/hr at 58psi and your tune has it setup for less. The offset vs volts data and the two others are a little off as well.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 10-18-2020 at 08:28 PM.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    the values in the editor are the result of copy and paste they are all changing cannot figure it out.I manually change the pulse width adder, put .79688 in the multiplier box hit = and get 790274 and now cant get any other number in there but 0 .
    Last edited by Clydeco; 10-19-2020 at 08:40 PM.

I did it for you, take this file and copy over the injector data. I did it the best I can and I had to do a lot of it by hand to make it work with that spreadsheet, it just takes time to use it.

Copy this injector data in and only the injector data. Flow rate, min injector pulse, short pulse adder and offset vs volts data. It should all be roughly close to correct.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 10-19-2020 at 08:53 PM.

Tuner in Training
    ok thats working now but should the injector flow rate change w a vac boost reference fuel regulator

Tuner in Training
    the green squares in the calculator are different than the data you provided,it came out the same as my data in the offset vs volts
    Last edited by Clydeco; 10-19-2020 at 09:19 PM.

Flat line the injector flow rate for that style fuel system. I was just copying stock data to stock data as I didn't know what you had.

Should be okay setting it at around 54lb/hr then.

Quote Originally Posted by Clydeco View Post
    the green squares in the calculator are different than the data you provided,it came out the same as my data in the offset vs volts
    I'm not sure what you mean, the offset data that I made is different than your tune file. You should be able to copy that over just fine.

Tuner in Training
    what im seeing is the same as what i had in the offset ,did i go backwards w my transfer wouldnt it show up different color on your file

Here is a screen shot showing the differences and you can see the two different tune files I have open at the top.

2020-10-19.png

Tuner in Training
    when i open your file it changes , i saw the correct data twice i copy pasted it saved as reopened it and the data went back to what i had .when i look at your file it shows wrong on the offset only , the software is glitching

hp tune offset glitch.PNG
    Last edited by Clydeco; 10-19-2020 at 10:04 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Clydeco View Post
    when i open your file it changes , i saw the correct data twice i copy pasted it saved as reopened it and the data went back to what i had .when i look at your file it shows wrong on the offset only , the software is glitching

hp tune offset glitch.PNG
    ok went back to original calculator and was able to get it to stay and not convert back .sorry im making you work so hard i really appreciate all the advice,im going to figure this format out just seams like im going to do it the hard way. thankyou

We're getting ready to put an LSA on a 6.0 in an S10. The factory LSA fuel lines are returnless, are they not? What fuel rails did you run with a boost reference regulator?

Have you switched to the 3 bar tune tune yet? Can you post the new tune so I can study/copy from it? Our cam is much smaller.

Tuner in Training
    Chuck im running an 03 lq4 that had a vac referenced fuel rail.I used 03 2500 fuel lines filter forward to a fore innovations regulator w return on it.The lsa fuel rail is returnless ,im running a 2 bar still to far off to post but i will when im getting close

Tuner in Training

sd tune pd blower drivability

making good progress but running into rdivability issue w my pd supercharger going into boost so early.I made some changes in my power enrich thotle cold,enable,min torque tables trying to bring in fuel down low,thats helping tip in.Im also seeing 1.70gm cyl airmass chanel but only 1.20gm on my spark table,no way to scale it up.if someone could take a look i would greatly appreciate it39.hpl39.hptsd tune pd