Thread: Looking for a help to tune a FWD 3.6L Pentastar NA (Will pay for help!)

Looking for a help to tune a FWD 3.6L Pentastar NA (Will pay for help!)

Ok so don't laugh, but this is for a 2013 Grand Caravan. It is a flex fuel from the factory. I'd like to get the most I can at 87 octane and then also get the most when I fill up with e85. I'm not familiar at all with flex fuel tuning, so I'm not sure if that is even possible with a dodge. If not, just getting the most out of 87 octane would be good. I understand that there is a mountain of available torque just by playing with the cams, but I'm not sure which way to adjust and by how much. I know the TCM for the 62TE isn't supported, but I also want to try and make the best out of the throttle mapping. The van wants to upshift way too soon and just doesn't have the torque for it...And I'm not expecting it to be a Mustang here, I'm talking about just normal driving. I wonder if the driver demand settings might help with this.

If you're able to help me I would greatly appreciate it. Let me know how much you would charge. I'm not looking for a full-on tweaked-to-the-max tune, just looking to get the low hanging fruit

Thank you
    Sorry for asking a lot of probably stupid questions, I'm trying to learn. Thank you in advance for any information you have provided me

Tuner in Training
    Hey man, post up your stock read.

Here's the tune for it. Thanks for looking at it!

Attachment 104115
    Sorry for asking a lot of probably stupid questions, I'm trying to learn. Thank you in advance for any information you have provided me

Tuner in Training
    Try this one and see how it feels, man. You also should do some logs for knock.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you very much, I tried it out and it definitely feels stronger than before. I did notice a bit of throttle hunting/surging at low speed. I'm guessing I should play around with the pedal requested/pedal demanded tables to get that in check?

I did a log for ST/LT and Total KR. Also did misfires. I saw negative total KR and positive ST and LT knock in certain areas. I'm confused because I thought negative KR means advance, but positive KR means retard.

Thank you very much again, I will work on the values a bit and post where I ended up after a few weeks of revisions and so forth.

Tuner in Training
    Hey, you?re welcome. You may check to see if maybe it?s jumping over to VVT part throttle spark table when it?s acting weird. Or just make the vvt part throttle spark the same as your main part throttle spark. Copy and paste part throttle spark into vvt part throttle, so it?s following the same spark regardless if it?s jumping back and forth. Then log knock and fine tune both tables together. I didn?t touch your ignition timing though. So Id try changing those and see if the weirdness disappears. And yes you can fiddle with and smooth that driver demand table to get the pedal to feel how you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    Thank you very much, I tried it out and it definitely feels stronger than before. I did notice a bit of throttle hunting/surging at low speed. I'm guessing I should play around with the pedal requested/pedal demanded tables to get that in check?

I did a log for ST/LT and Total KR. Also did misfires. I saw negative total KR and positive ST and LT knock in certain areas. I'm confused because I thought negative KR means advance, but positive KR means retard.

Thank you very much again, I will work on the values a bit and post where I ended up after a few weeks of revisions and so forth.
    that only works in fords man , in dodge there is no advance only retard

I gotcha, thank you for the clarification!