Thread: How much faster is it?

Tuner

How much faster is it?

I decided to finally move to the MVPI2 for an article series I'm writing for the Corvette Forum.

Since I had to turn my MPVI in to get its data transferred to the MPVI2 I have no way to compare the read/write speeds of the two devices. Has anyone here been able to compare the two as far as speed? Obviouslly the technology in the "2" is a quantum leap over that of the MVPI which dates to '05, but I'm trying to quantify how much of a difference there is.

I read people talking about firmware...

How do you check to see what firmware version in in the device and how does one upgrade it?

Also, has anyone found a "User Guide" for the MPVI2?
    Hib Halverson
    Just Another Tuner in Training.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    for the most part read/write speeds should be VERY similar.

Firmware version is listed in an infolog

Resync checks for new firmware and applies it as necessary, its an automated process.

No specific user guide for MPVI2 as the same basic principles apply for both MPVI1 and 2, the only "major" differences are when vehicles are licensed ie MPVI2 only licenses at flash whereas MPVI1 licenses at save, and how credits are retreived ie MPVI2 does it via resync whereas MPVI1 does it via app key.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    for the most part read/write speeds should be VERY similar.

Firmware version is listed in an infolog

Resync checks for new firmware and applies it as necessary, its an automated process.

No specific user guide for MPVI2 as the same basic principles apply for both MPVI1 and 2, the only "major" differences are when vehicles are licensed ie MPVI2 only licenses at flash whereas MPVI1 licenses at save, and how credits are retreived ie MPVI2 does it via resync whereas MPVI1 does it via app key.
    Thanks for the reply, Bill.

I assume that any firmware updating has to be done with the MPVI2 conected via USB and not wireless. Also, if resynch automatically checks for firmware, how often should one perform a resynch? Also, when you guys release new MPVI2 firmware, how does the average user become aware of that?

What's the trick to making the Bluetooth feature work? Also, the various lights on the front...one is power...I get that. "BT" is Bluetooth. The other two lights "OBD" and "Host" are they for when the unit is sending or receiving data, ie: "OBD" for reading and "Host" for writing?

What is the connector on the side?

Lastly, if there is no significant change in read/write speeds, what are some of the other advantages of the MPVI2 over the MPVI that the average user would notice soon after upgrading?
    Hib Halverson
    Just Another Tuner in Training.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You should resync when you purchase credits/features

MPVI2 supports 2x the vehicles as MPVI1 and has universal credits, there are countless threads with all the other features it has.

BT is for scanner only

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    BT is for scanner only
    No writing to ECU via bluetooth, correct?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by iketh View Post
    No writing to ECU via bluetooth, correct?
    Correct, BT is for scanner only.