Thread: Rear O2 delete help

Potential Tuner

Rear O2 delete help

I recently removed one read O2 sensor and replaced it with a wide band O2 and i'm getting all kinds of weird codes i don't understand why i would get a bank 1 sensor 1 and bank 2 sensor 1 code. I posted a picture any help would be great. Ignore the tps code i need to change it

Sorry this is for my 2002 Chevy Tahoe with a 5.3L

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Uu8...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by tvm2487; 10-13-2020 at 09:43 AM.

Those are pending history codes from what it looks like, clear them and see what comes back.

Removing just a rear o2 sensor should only cause that code to come up.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Those are pending history codes from what it looks like, clear them and see what comes back.

Removing just a rear o2 sensor should only cause that code to come up.
    So last night I turned off all the rear o2 sensor codes and that cleared up that code but this morning heading to work the bank 1 sensor 1 and bank 2 sensor 1 heating code came back on. Is it possible that the heating circuit is all connected together and by removing the one rear o2 i broke the circuit

Maybe.

Just leave the sensor plugged in and zip tie it out of the way, see what happens.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner CPR Performance & Repair's Avatar
    If you don't feel like sifting through all of the DTCs in the Engine Diagnostics tab, you can always wait for a code to set, look up the code on the Engine Diagnostics tab and disable it. As long as it pertains to the catalyst monitoring system.