Thread: TCC surging lockup issues -need a list of trans OS and what doesnt work as advertised

Senior Tuner

TCC surging lockup issues -need a list of trans OS and what doesnt work as advertised

Seems like the '16 '17 PPV for example doesnt matter what you change the lockup apply ramp settings to, or the TCC adaptives too, or even if you turn them off its constantly adjusting pressure at light loads and you can see/hear slippages/surging. Anyone ironed this out, other than by lying to it and setting Virtual torque values high in that area to get it to apply higher TCC pressures? You can set the slip target table to 0 all you want but it will never get and stay there

Anyone have any ideas on this one or any of the other wierd things some of the OS do? This is a 24256125 trans OS
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

Senior Tuner
    I had a similar problem with mine. OS 24264923. No matter what I set the regulator offset and gain settings too nothing would change. It was ok for everyone else, when I went searching through the forum for solutions.

I worked with HPT support and now there is a Beta that has a new switch added to enable the offset and reg gain to work. Perhaps download the latest Beta and try that first. Failing that, you may need to work with HPT support as was the case with mine, behind the scenes there was something going on.

Not the answer you were hoping for exactly but hope it gets you moving forward.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hjtrbo View Post
    I had a similar problem with mine. OS 24264923. No matter what I set the regulator offset and gain settings too nothing would change. It was ok for everyone else, when I went searching through the forum for solutions.

I worked with HPT support and now there is a Beta that has a new switch added to enable the offset and reg gain to work. Perhaps download the latest Beta and try that first. Failing that, you may need to work with HPT support as was the case with mine, behind the scenes there was something going on.

Not the answer you were hoping for exactly but hope it gets you moving forward.
    What OS is that for?
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

Senior Tuner
    It's an A6

2016 VFII HSV R8 6L90