Thread: 4L65E T42 issue

Tuner in Training

4L65E T42 issue

I am having an issue getting the T42 computer to run the 4L65E transmission. I seem to be communicating and programing the computer with HP tuners but the T42 doesn't seem to be controlling the transmission and I am getting no transmission data. I have tried the stock tune that was pulled from the T42 (2010 Camaro auto) and changing a couple things with same results. Is there something I'm over looking that needs to be changed? The transmission shifts and goes but very lazily and is causing a throttle closing issue with the engine when peddle is open. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dragracn View Post
    I am having an issue getting the T42 computer to run the 4L65E transmission. I seem to be communicating and programing the computer with HP tuners but the T42 doesn't seem to be controlling the transmission and I am getting no transmission data. I have tried the stock tune that was pulled from the T42 (2010 Camaro auto) and changing a couple things with same results. Is there something I'm over looking that needs to be changed? The transmission shifts and goes but very lazily and is causing a throttle closing issue with the engine when peddle is open. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I am confused.

A T42 TCM was used to control 4-speed automatic transmissions (4L65/70/80).

A 2010 Camaro automatic would have been a 6L80 - which used a T43 TCM.

Post the tune - otherwise people will be left guessing - and you likely will not receive any help.

Definitely post the tune file. If you are mixing and matching ECM and TCM, you probably have mismatched units. As mentioned before, 2010 camaro never used a 4 speed auto so a 2010 E38 will never communicate with a t42.