Thread: 2020 Mustang stage 2 roush

Potential Tuner

2020 Mustang stage 2 roush

Would love some help. I?m new to tuning and not having much luck looking through older threads. I have a 2020 Mustang GT Standard with a Stage 2 Roush Supercharger, Roush tune. Really want to learn how to tune my own stuff but am having a hard time understanding the platform for ford. Ive helped with tuning GM and its much easier to understand. Is there a book or anything that helps with understanding. Or if anyone has messed with the tune on a similar setup that I may be able to compare to see what areas have been changed. Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Well what do you want to do with your car?

Potential Tuner
    From what I have seen on some reviews there is a lot of meat on the bone in the lower range rpms. Im currently starting to do some racing 1/4 mile on a drag pack and slowing purchasing mods. Not afraid of turning wrenches just not real up to date on the tuning part. It would be nice to be able to understand the basics so i didn't need to go to a tuner after each mod. The 26 Map Points is a bit confusing to me. Feels a bit overwhelming just starting out. Any pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Advanced Tuner
    I went through the same thing about 6 months ago. Btw I have copies of both the roush phase 1 and 2 tunes that I?ve been comparing for fun. The good news is that roush only uses about 6 mapped points rather than all 26. I have a 2018 Whipple and learning new things every week still.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    I went through the same thing about 6 months ago. Btw I have copies of both the roush phase 1 and 2 tunes that I?ve been comparing for fun. The good news is that roush only uses about 6 mapped points rather than all 26. I have a 2018 Whipple and learning new things every week still.
    would you post them here if possible?

Potential Tuner
    If you could post phase 1 and 2 and I could look over the changes. Also I have saved my phase 2 roush tune I can post. If I can figure out how

Advanced Tuner
    This thread has the phase 1 posted:

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ght=Roush+2019

Potential Tuner
    Awesome. Thank you ill look over that when I get in front of my laptop. Anything else worth noting. I’m not planning on adjusting anything for awhile, I want to just data log so I can figure out how things are working. Anything specific I need to add to my scanner to help. Thanks. Sorry if I’m asking dumb questions but I’m new to this and trying to absorb as much info as possible.

Advanced Tuner
    I compared phase 1 and 2 to try to find the 50-100 hp they are claiming. I don’t see it. They reconfigured some spark timing but in some places the values are lower. Cam timing is identical. There were a lot of transmission changes, and they lowered the Drive 6-7 shift to “fix” the dreaded 123 bug, but left Sport alone.

Potential Tuner
    With mine being a standard 6 speed I assume there isn’t much in the way of transmission tuning. Any specific thing I need to add on my scanner to data log.

Advanced Tuner
    It really depends on what you’re trying to accomplish. Keep in mind that the more stuff you log the slower the polling rate will be even if you set it to fast. Right now I am optimizing borderline spark timing tables and GDI, but I’ve locked on to one mapped point. So, I have all the spark timing pids (borderline, Mbt, knock retard, spark source) and fuel (gdi blend, hpfp dc, soi, eoi, pfi dc, pfi max pw, lift pump dc) plus others.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you. Im going to do some logs tonight. Can I post logs on here to get some pointers or only tunes.

Advanced Tuner
    Sometimes people will review your log.

I would recommend to learn the system piece by piece. Every part of it is much more complicated than most would think and learning them all at once isn’t going to happen. For instance, learn how mapped points work, then figure out how spark timing is controlled. Maybe torque management next, then electronic throttle control, then maybe the maf, then maybe the speed density models, etc.

Potential Tuner
    Ok I really appreciate all the help.

Pm sent

Tuner in Training
    Would someone please post the latest Phase 2 calibration?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    Any chance you could post a copy of the 2018-up phase 2?

Thanks

Potential Tuner
    Any chance of getting a copy of your phase 2 tune?

Potential Tuner
    Hi how do you convert the tune to use wit Ngauge? Could you post a copy please?