Thread: Basic performance auto

Tuner in Training

Basic performance auto

Im looking for a basic performance hpt file for my 4l65e
    I have been looking around and have stated to make my own but I would like to compare and see how my one is.
    Of course being my first week in its a steep learning curve to even figure out what they are talking about. Many thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Post up your stock tune file, we need to know what you're working on as multiple different PCMs and TCMs controlled those. Having a list of mods will help too, tuning a bone stock engine and transmission will need different things than a built engine/trans combo will.

Search for the BlueCat Trans tool on the forums, it'll help you rough in the shift timing then you can tweak it a bit.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Post up your stock tune file, we need to know what you're working on as multiple different PCMs and TCMs controlled those. Having a list of mods will help too, tuning a bone stock engine and transmission will need different things than a built engine/trans combo will.

Search for the BlueCat Trans tool on the forums, it'll help you rough in the shift timing then you can tweak it a bit.
    Thank you
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Go through and make sure the upshift and downshifts don't cross one another (e.g. 2->3 should always be higher than 3->2). The BlueCat tool helps generate that up front.

Is this a swap? Need to know mods list as well.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Tuner in Training
    Its an l98 with a camshaft in a tj wrangler
    yes its a swap thanks