Thread: 04 Cobra MAF scaling

Advanced Tuner

04 Cobra MAF scaling

hey guys im tuning this 04 cobra and i noticed that i reached the 64 lb/min on the maf table and cant add any more fuel via the MAF table, now, i have tough of two ways of adding fuel, one is to HACK the fuel base table on that portion of the rpm band so it continues to add more fuel and see if i can get fueling inline that way, the other way it ocurred to me was to tell the ecu that the injectors are actually smaller by a percentage and retune the MAF table (this method seems like more work).

Maybe there is another method or "the right way to do it" if anybody knows i would be glad to know.

here is the calibration file.

tune2 need to scale.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Just scale it in half. No re-tuning required. You just simply dial in the higher portions of the maf you couldnt reach before and done everything else stays exacty the same.

http://www.efidynotuning.com/fuel.htm#scaling

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post
    Just scale it in half. No re-tuning required. You just simply dial in the higher portions of the maf you couldnt reach before and done everything else stays exacty the same.

so basically this?
    tune2 scaled to 50.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post

Ok so after working with the car this afternoon i was left with some questions, maybe you can help me answer. this car was tuned before me, it has a vmp supercharger and the owner before the actual one had it turned up to 600whp, the current owner turned boost down to 11 psi, retuned, but the car had drivability issues, thats why he called me.

I followed the instructions on that page, i assumed that "Inferred Airmass" and "Inferred Load / Failed MAF Table" are tables [ECM] 44319 - Load With Failed MAF vs. RPM vs. TPS and [ECM] 44320 - Load with failed MAF (IMRC Open) vs. RPM vs. TPS and i multiplied them by 0.5 like it says in the instructions.

but this resulted in a very lean pass, afr was in the 15 up to 5000rpm when i aborted the pass, so i went back put them where they where when i started the tune and it cleaned up, but after 5500rpm the car went very lean again and wasnt responding to MAF table changes so i added to the bottom right cells on those two tables ([ECM] 44319 & [ECM] 44320) and AFR got a little better but still not where i wanted it, when i tried using the loads that i was getting to put them in those tables the car would cut up on part throttle so i had to turn them back down and it went away.

by the end of the day the best i could do was this:
    tune3 scaled to 50 all the fuel.hpt
    datalog3.csv

As you can see it goes pig rich to the point it looses power but then starts going lean on the top end, this is the best i could get it as afr would go into the 15 at the beginning and i had to MAX out the scaled maf again to get it there, at the end of the day i got the car off from the dyno to check on the fuel system, but since this car had a lot more power before with this fuel system it has me second guessing myself and thinking that maybe its some quirk in the system that i dont know.

Advanced Tuner
    you were probably clipping the injectors before

read the fuel write up for clarity

http://www.efidynotuning.com/fuel.htm