Thread: Tire/gear Wizard question Causing trans tuning issues

Tuner in Training

Tire/gear Wizard question Causing trans tuning issues

when I put my tire size in the Tire/Gear wizard it enters another number. My tires are 26.5" and the tire wizard enters tire size as 20.12". I am having problems getting my transmission because of the huge disparity between scanned mph and actual mph. I have included a log and tune file. Please let me know if anything jumps out as obvious to you guys. You can see the transmission shifts to 4th at 20mph on the scanner. All the shifts are weak and early. the car will not hold first when shifter is manually placed in first gear.
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Thank youshift points oct142020.hplpe table edit shift points.hpt

What version of the editor are you using, is it old?

I was able to enter 26.50 and 3.55 just fine and it auto scaled the transmission settings.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    when I put in the 26.5 with 3.55 gears I get this attached

snip.png

Are you on the latest version on the editor?

You should contact support if something isn't working on your end. It works on my computer without issue when I type it in and click adjust.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    So now no matter what size tire i put in the wizard it puts current at 20.12 with 3.23 gears. If I change the gear ratio in the wizard it changes the tire size. if I put 4.11 it changes the tire size to 26.5. My tire size is 26.5" but my gear ratio is 3.55:1. Have I somehow added some kind of math to the wizard? If i did how can I get it back to default.

Thanks in advance

Did you email support yet?