Thread: Stock read vehicle info

Potential Tuner

Stock read vehicle info

Good morning all,

I just did a stock read on a 2012 GMC Canyon. I'm just getting started with HP Tuners and was going to do the tire size change. Figured I would start slow and work my way up. My problem is that the read shows the wrong rear end ratio. It shows 3.73:1 when the truck has a 3.42:1 ratio. I want to change the tire size to 29" as that is what is on the truck currently. Do I need to change the gear ratio also or leave it as is? I've attached the tune file.

On a second note, I get a P0606 error from reading the ecm.

Thank you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Is the RPO code in the glove box GU6 or GT4??
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    The code is GT4.

Potential Tuner
    Well, that answers it! It's a 3.73 rear. I never looked after I bought the truck new. I was told it was a 3.42 rear. Thank you for the help!

That P0606 code indicates an internal fault in the PCM. You might start looking for a spare PCM at the junk yard or online.

Rick
    1970 Chevrolet El Camino LM7 5.3 liter mill and a 4L60E transmission.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the info. I was thinking that is the case. I was just hoping it was a strange occurrence with the E67 PCMs that just show up with that error. Kinda disappointing because I just read it and used my credits to change the tire size.