Thread: RPM patch

Advanced Tuner

RPM patch

ok so I've applied the rpm patch correctly, however im a bit confused on what to do after. Do you rebuild you tune files with file tht has the patch applied or does it not matter. See the attached files, my flex fuel tune says the patch is applied but my dedicated e85 does not. So does that mean I make another e85 tune and 91 tune with the flex fuel file that has rpm patch applied?Screenshot (9).pngScreenshot (10).png

Advanced Tuner
    1. Apply the RPM Patch to your core tunes so they are all updated. In this case I believe it's your Flex 91 octane and dedicated E-85.

2. Be sure your battery is charged up then flash the car using Write Entire with the updated tune of your choice so it will remove the stock limit.

3. For future use, continue modifying your updated tunes and go back to flashing with Write Calibration.
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt22 View Post
    1. Apply the RPM Patch to your core tunes so they are all updated. In this case I believe it's your Flex 91 octane and dedicated E-85.

2. Be sure your battery is charged up then flash the car using Write Entire with the updated tune of your choice so it will remove the stock limit.

3. For future use, continue modifying your updated tunes and go back to flashing with Write Calibration.
    I know this is a late response but thank you for the clarification.