Thread: Proper Datalogging for 2005-2009 Audi/VW FIX

Exclamation Proper Datalogging for 2005-2009 Audi/VW FIX

Greetings,

Today I'm going to be showing you how to edit the VCM Scanner config so you can properly datalog our MED9 ECU's.

Please make sure VCM Scanner and VCM Editor are both closed before continuing.

Step 1. In your Windows Explorer, navigate to Documents > HP Tuners > VCM Scanner > Vehicles

Step 2. Find your .upf file by the VIN or the ECU ID of the vehicle you are trying to datalog (i.e. 8E0910115M_0070.os.upf or WUADF78K79N036974.vin.upf)
    [You can find this information by opening up your stock read file for the vehicle in VCM Editor and clicking Edit > Calibration Details]

Step 3. Right click the file, select "Open with.." and select your favorite Notepad editor

Step 4. Under "[Unsupported Parameters]" remove absolutely everything so the file reads as follows:

Code:
    [Definition Info]
    [Unsupported Parameters]
    Step 5. Open up VCM Scanner and connect, turn on your Audi/VW and watch most parameter populate!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by TewSlo View Post
    Greetings,

Today I'm going to be showing you how to edit the VCM Scanner config so you can properly datalog our MED9 ECU's.

Please make sure VCM Scanner and VCM Editor are both closed before continuing.

Step 1. In your Windows Explorer, navigate to Documents > HP Tuners > VCM Scanner > Vehicles

Step 2. Find your .upf file by the VIN or the ECU ID of the vehicle you are trying to datalog (i.e. 8E0910115M_0070.os.upf or WUADF78K79N036974.vin.upf)
    [You can find this information by opening up your stock read file for the vehicle in VCM Editor and clicking Edit > Calibration Details]

Step 3. Right click the file, select "Open with.." and select your favorite Notepad editor

Step 4. Under "[Unsupported Parameters]" remove absolutely everything so the file reads as follows:

Code:
    [Definition Info]
    [Unsupported Parameters]
    Step 5. Open up VCM Scanner and connect, turn on your Audi/VW and watch most parameter populate!
    I was not able to read any parameters at all, did the procedure and now I am able to scan my ECU. Great info.