Thread: 2009 dodge challenger No vvt disable?!?!

2009 dodge challenger No vvt disable?!?!

Trying my hardest to refrain tossing a whole car into a trash can ...

Im working on a big cam 2009 challenger rt 5.7 auto ngc4 pcm,
    Im not at all new to tuning but I am new to dodge tuning ...

I've read various ways to disable vvt for true ve tuning , I've tried various combos of locking the VVT out so the Ve tables actually have effect and NN is disabled I've read some of the switches are backwards in hptuners and think I've verified this as the factory had it set to disabled but obviously had active vvt prior and by enabling the exhaust phaser my cam stays locked at 125D so assuming that its now disabled ,

however no matter what I do with the trims the nearly 25-30 lean error stays , Im upping nearly 100 in the tables and using bank 1 and bank 2 enabled in editor and bank 1/bank 2 stft+ltft vs Pratio in the scanner with zero effect..this cannot be right

all the rest of the variable cam switches are set to disabled ,dfco is turned off ,stoich set to 14.7 and nothing is working..

Anyone know the correct combination of switches and if enabled or disabled they should be? and why weren't they mapped right? do they actually even do anything on the 2009 pcm?
    Last edited by fastlsxs10; 10-16-2020 at 05:30 PM.

share the tune file

Tuner in Training
    You're probably experiencing the issue where some 2009-2010 PCMs don't respond to disabling the Neural Network, in which case, VE changes have no effect. For these PCMs, you'll have to disable the VVT system.

Here's a post from Mark at HPTuners for reference:
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post427663