Thread: Scaling ve table after 2bar os? not idling

Tuner

Scaling ve table after 2bar os? not idling

turbo 5.3, 2bar map, cam, decaps.. Modified the stock tune and got the truck idling and revving fine.. The only change is I converted it to a 2bar os. and not it wont idle or rev I assuming the ve table is off but I dont know where to go because my wideband is all over the place.. Thanks!

Post the tune.

And good luck with decapped injectors, it won't be a easy thing to tune when you can only change the injector flow rate and nothing else.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    I know decaps arent ideal but thats what im working with right now.. Im new to tuning ls stuff(only tuned cummins before) Any help on the tune is appreciated.. Thanks!

2bar.hpt

So it ran on the stock calibration with the 2 bar MAP sensor settings and injectors you have??

Is this a drive by wire or drive by cable vehicle??

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Yes was idling and revving fine on stock calibration with 2 bar map and 1 bar setting also with the same decaps.. They were tested so I know the injectors are good..

Quote Originally Posted by NRunkle View Post
    Yes was idling and revving fine on stock calibration with 2 bar map and 1 bar setting also with the same decaps.. They were tested so I know the injectors are good..
    That part in bold I don't understand.

It ran with the 2 bar MAP sensor with 200/10.33 settings or it ran with the 2 bar MAP and 94/10.33 settings??

The 2 bar calibration automatically changes the MAP sensor linear/offset settings.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    That part in bold I don't understand.

It ran with the 2 bar MAP sensor with 200/10.33 settings or it ran with the 2 bar MAP and 94/10.33 settings??

The 2 bar calibration automatically changes the MAP sensor linear/offset settings.
    This is the tune that it was idling and revving fine on.. Nothing changed but the 2bar os

shortbed base tune segment swap.hpt

That is where your problem likely is.

The "shortbed base" tune has the MAP sensor linear and offset settings as 94.43 and 10.33. Those are 1 bar MAP sensor settings.

The 2 bar OS changes the MAP sensor linear and offset settings to 200 and 10.33 for a 2 bar sensor.

If you did not install the 2 bar sensor it will not run correctly with the 1 bar sensor on 2 bar sensor settings.

The 2 bar tune needs lots of other changes to be safe to run with boost too, otherwise it won't have enough commanded fueling at full throttle and maybe go boom.

Tuner
    The 2 bar tune needs lots of other changes to be safe to run with boost too, otherwise it won't have enough commanded fueling at full throttle and maybe go boom.
    I think I am going try and change the map sensor setting back to stock and see if that helps.. I bought what I thought was a 2bar but I could be wrong.. and I was just trying to get it to idle for right now.. I know for sure the ve needs adjusted over 100kpa.. Anywhere else I should be looking? Is spark to much?

Spark is fine for starters but both high/low tables should not be the same. The low needs less timing in it if there is knock, like 4-5 degrees less everywhere. Then you need to take into account the spark correction tables. The base spark correction will add timing and the IAT and ECT can add/remove timing too. All those need to be setup too. The base table you may not want working so zero it out and have it only follow the high/low tables.

The IAT table should be scaled back so it won't pull timing out at low intake temps.

Your power enrichment and boost enrichment is not setup yet. You'll need to change those settings once you figure out how they work and what commanded fueling you want to run in boost. Everything from pedal enable settings, kpa enable and rpm delay settings.

COT (cat over temp) needs to be turned off and you need to go through the DTC list and set everything you are not using to no error reported. Like rear o2 sensor codes, evap codes, cat codes etc etc.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 10-16-2020 at 07:46 PM.

Tuner
    Ok thank you for the tips! I'll start adjusting those now. Also have a new map sensor on the way

Tuner
    Spark is fine for starters but both high/low tables should not be the same. The low needs less timing in it if there is knock, like 4-5 degrees less everywhere. Then you need to take into account the spark correction tables. The base spark correction will add timing and the IAT and ECT can add/remove timing too. All those need to be setup too. The base table you may not want working so zero it out and have it only follow the high/low tables.

The IAT table should be scaled back so it won't pull timing out at low intake temps.

Your power enrichment and boost enrichment is not setup yet. You'll need to change those settings once you figure out how they work and what commanded fueling you want to run in boost. Everything from pedal enable settings, kpa enable and rpm delay settings.

COT (cat over temp) needs to be turned off and you need to go through the DTC list and set everything you are not using to no error reported. Like rear o2 sensor codes, evap codes, cat codes etc etc.
    Update on the truck.. map sensor was the issue.. also did all the thing you suggested.. Took it down the road cruising is fine.. the only issue right now is when I come off the throttle it goes lean and either stumbles or dies and I have to restart it