Thread: 2000 silverado 4.8ls speed density need help

Potential Tuner

2000 silverado 4.8ls speed density need help

alright so i have a gm 3 bar and gm iat just like in my dsm but i dont know where to wire it in. Do i wire it right into where the maf was? Next i cannot find anything on my ecu about running a map sensor weather its a 3 bar or 2 bar ect. so how do i start getting this all set up thanks in advance also i have watched goat ropes vids and they didnt help either my ecu screen looks nothing like his.

Potential Tuner
    so far i figured out that im stupid and didnt have the viewing mode on advanced so i found the 3 bar setting.

On the IAT sensor you need to wire that into the 2 wires for the IAT sensor on the MAF harness.

Change the OS to the 2 bar or 3 bar OS if your computer allows for it under the OS tab if you are going to run boost. Then make sure the linear and offset settings for the MAP sensor match the sensor you have bought.

You will have to re-create the VE table on the 2 or 3 bar OS. Easiest thing is to copy the stock VE back into the 15-105kpa area and hand scale the rest of the table.

But if you are not running boost there is no need for the OS upgrade of course.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    On the IAT sensor you need to wire that into the 2 wires for the IAT sensor on the MAF harness.

Change the OS to the 2 bar or 3 bar OS if your computer allows for it under the OS tab if you are going to run boost. Then make sure the linear and offset settings for the MAP sensor match the sensor you have bought.

You will have to re-create the VE table on the 2 or 3 bar OS. Easiest thing is to copy the stock VE back into the 15-105kpa area and hand scale the rest of the table.

But if you are not running boost there is no need for the OS upgrade of course.
    Thanks for the help bro i appreciate it.